Monday, June 03, 2013

Summer fun...and more photos

Oh boy, have we had some fun already this summer!!!  So much excitement, I don't even know where to start.  Memorial weekend was pretty laid back for us.  I had a couple girl's night outs, Friday was a Pink Papaya Party with some of my favorite women from MOPS, and Saturday was another Painting class at Picasso & Wine.  This one was a Field of cows, and turned out ok, but not as good as I had hoped. 

Then on Monday we went to my friend Trista's Farm for a BBQ.  It was a blast!!  Once again, all my favorite women from MOPS were there (we really have gotten so close!), and it was just a laid back afternoon/evening.  The kids played, the parents chatted, Trista's husband Jaime even took us on a Hayride!!  So fun!!
Jayce (and all the kids) loved Kinsey's Tractor
On the hayride
Jaime's Tractor
All the men changing tractors

The rest of last week was spent getting ready for Riley's Birthday.  I was busy making superhero capes, prepping food, and working on my Project Life 365 photos.  Here's some more photos I've been taking lately. 
Got My Toes!
Slip n slide!!!

These photos are great at telling how things are lately.  Amara can now grab at her toes, and is almost sitting up on her own!!  She still uses a pillow around her for balance, but she's not to far off.  Riley spends most of his days outside, playing on the playset (Monkey Bars are his favorite), swinging, or just running around the yard.  Jayce is a little side-kick.  Either to Riley, following him around to play, or with Mommy, sitting on my lap every chance he gets, or on the counter watching me cook.

I'll skip talking about Riley's birthday here and do that one in another post.  There's a lot!  Instead I'll jump ahead to this weekend.  Saturday was another lax day, recuperating from all the birthday hoopla, but Sunday was another fun-filled day!  We headed out super early from our usual to meet my friend Nicole for some photos.  She was hoping to get some "Dad & Me" sessions booked for Father's Day, and I thought that would be a great time to get some pictures of Cameron with all three kiddos.  Once again she did an amazing job! 

After that we took a drive through Rocky Mountain National Park.  We haven't been in a long time, and I was itching to spend some time in the mountains.  We didn't stay too long, and just did a few short stops along Trail Ridge Road, but it was still nice to get out and see it.  The late snowfalls we had this year contributed to some of the highest snowdrifts I've ever seen there!!  And it was a beautiful day to be in the mountains, barely a cloud in the sky until mid  afternoon, and only a few light fluffy ones after that.  Gorgeous sunshine the whole time (which added to a little sunburn on Miss Amara's nose and cheeks where her hat didn't quite cover.)

Well, that about covers it for now, we've already got a bunch of stuff planned for the summer, swimming trips with friends, park playdates, plans to hit the zoo, aquarium and more, camping, and more trips to Rocky.  This summer is going to be jam-packed, and I can't wait!!  Stay tuned everyone!

No comments: