Thursday, May 23, 2013

Photo Phun ;)

Well, this will be the last post for now (make sure to scroll down and even go to the next page to get all caught up on the last month and a half).

After Amara was born I have been really slacking on getting photos of our daily life.  Which I am very disappointed in myself for.  It's a real struggle for me to take my camera with me, remember to get it out and snap some photos.  I've been relying on my phone to capture most of the day-to-day stuff, which I am slightly ashamed of.  I hate most (not all) phone pics, and have a wonderful DSLR that I should be using instead.  So after some encouragement from a photographer friend, I'm trying to be better about taking photos every day.  One way to keep me at it is by joining a 365 photo challenge.  The one she and I are doing (together to keep each other accountable) is called Project Life 365.  (click to see more) Each day they issue a prompt (usually one word or phrase) for inspiration and your challenge is to take a picture of something representing that to you.  I love it!  I've really gotten into it, and love taking the challenge each day.  I like that it's Daily too.  I thought it might be too much, but I know that if it was weekly it would be to easy to forget by the end of the week.  And if I miss a day the world isn't going to end, so there's no pressure.  I'm slowly getting better at my photography, at least I hope so!  I just have to keep at it.  I also like that most of the prompts I can relate to my children, which is the whole reason I want to take photos now anyways - to document their growing up. 

Anywho - I started last week, on May 15th, and have only missed one day!  (I'm pretty proud of myself!!)  So here's my PL365 so far. 
#good
#better: hot days are better when wet
#best: cloth is best on the bum
#makes_my_heart_sing
#real
#curious
#souvenir

Make sure to follow me on Instagram if you can, I post most of them on there.  And here's a few of my other favorite photos I've taken as I get better at recording Life with the Louie's. 


No comments: