Monday, June 03, 2013

SUPER BIRTHDAY!!!

Happy 6th Birthday to Riley!!!  I can't believe he's 6 years old already.  It just seem like yesterday I was starting this blog to announce I was pregnant with him.  Crazy.  That means I've been blogging our daily life for almost 7 years now.  WOW!! 

Anyways, for this first birthday with school friends, I figured I would do up a big special party for him.  And the theme he chose to do is Superheroes.  Which I thought would be fun!  I scanned Pinterest for some ideas, and came up with a bunch of fun things to do.  So I started planning.  Most of it was pretty easy, but the big thing I wanted to do was make superhero capes as party favors for all the kids.  I had made some out of t-shirts for Jayce and Riley already, so I knew it would be fairly easy and fun.  I had a blast doing it.  And the kids LOVED them!!  It ended up being only one friend from his class, Zack, but we made up for it with all his other friends outside of school.  Every kid got to choose a cape when they arrived, and then we all made masks.  I cut out craft foam from templates with decorative pieces, and each kid made a mask to their liking.  They had so much fun doing it! And they all turned out super cute ( no pun intended)!  We then took some pictures in a photo booth i set up with some comic book superhero words, and ate dinner. 

Photo courtesy of TwoDanes Photograpy
Photo courtesy of TwoDanes Photography
ALL the Superheros!!
Riley and Zack
A little superhero training battle
Riley and Tanner
Jayce and Ryder
They are so adorable!!!




Even the food had a theme to it.  We had Hero Subs (from Subway), Catwoman Claws (Bugles), Fruit Ka-Pows (kabobs), and Power Punch (pink lemonade) to drink. 


After that we had one more game, Villans vs. Superheroes.  this was originally slated to be balloons as villans and all the superhero kids would attack them with silly string, but the wind was out of control that day and we couldn't keep the balloons from banging around and popping on the grass.  (Cam spent nearly 20 minutes fighting with the balloons!)  So we went to Plan B, which was to split the kids into 2 groups and have them spray each other - HUGE SUCCESS!!!  The kids had a blast!!  And the adults did too, watching them!  lol  Definitely a favorite that I will store away in the back of my mind for future events!  ;) 
A little sibling rivalry!!
Photo courtesy of TwoDanes Photography

Then on to cupcakes and presents.  Riley wanted chocolate cupcakes, vanilla frosting, and sprinkles.  So we picked out some colorful sprinkles to go with our colorful superhero theme, and I made logo "picks" for the cupcakes.  So cute! 
Photo courtesy of TwoDanes Photography
Photo courtesy of TwoDanes Photography
Photo courtesy of TwoDanes Photography

Riley was also blessed to receive a lot of fun presents this year.  An RC car from Grandma & Grandpa Louie, a fun Scooby Doo game from Unkie Rodgie and Auntie Kathie, A scooter from Mommy and Daddy, Kiddo golf set from Aunt Anna, Bow and Arrow set from Hayden, cool customizable car from Kinsey, Skylanders action figures from Zack, a new swing and superhero book from the Sandstrums.  He made it out good this year!  (I think that's everything, if I missed anyone, Sorry!!)  He has played with each and every one of them extensively in the last couple days.  It's always "this one is my favorite," then 20 minutes later with another toy "THIS one is my favorite!" 
Daddy has to try it out
Jayce's Turn
Sometimes, it's just not a fair race.

Also, the week before Mommy gave him an early Birthday Present.  He's been talking about mohawks for a while now.  his friend Zack has one, and just before school let out another kid in his class had one.  SO I debated letting him have one, and I caved!!  At his last haircut last week I gave in and gave him a mohawk.  And I have to admit, it looks super fun!!  He loves it, and so does Jayce.  Little Monkey See-Monkey Do, has to have his hair spiked whenever we fix Riley's.  And Riley wants his fixed all the time.  "Mommy it's getting flat, we need to put some 'Jell-o' in it." 

So that's it for Riley's Birthday.  It was a crazy fun event, but I'm glad it's over.  Now the fun of summer can begin!!!

No comments: