Thursday, May 23, 2013

Indy Visits

Two Visits to Indiana this month!!!  Can you believe it!  The first trip was Cam and Riley.  They went so that Cameron could run the Mini-Marathon with his dad.  It was just a quick weekend trip, but Riley did get to miss a day of school to go. 

I don't have any pictures to share unfortunately, I haven't downloaded them from Cam yet.  So I'll add those later.  But he did an awesome job running (as did Dale too!)  Cam ran it in 2:03, which averaged out to about 9 1/2 minute miles.  Dale ran a 2:40 which put him just over 12 min miles.  Not too shabby for being 75 years old!!!  Way to go guys!!!  I'm so proud of you!!! 

Then two weeks later I got to take a trip to Indy.  Amara and I went (since no one other than Cam's parents had gotten to meet her yet) to see my sister graduate from college!!! Yay Anna!!!  She and I have both taken the long route to finishing school (the 8+ year plan . . . and no doctorates) but we did it!!!  She now has a Bachelors of Science in Fashion and Retail Management.  And is on her way to working for Coach!  So Cool!!!  So here's some pictures from our trip to Indiana to watch her walk and meet the fam. 
Saying her name
College Grad!
Amara and Grandma Wilson
Getting some lovin' from Grandma Louie
Amara and Aunt Anna
With Cousin Maddie
And Cousin Vanessa

And one more thing I will add in.  Right before we left for Indy, Mowgli decided to go gallivanting around the neighborhood.  He took off one day when I took Riley to school and got into what appears to be a giant mud hole before finding his own way home an hour later.  He also got into something, and was possibly stung or bit on the bottom of his foot.  So after a $300 vet trip to make sure nothing was broken he has to wear a cone to let it heal.  Serves him right!!!  ;)  Stupid mutt! 
Filthy Mutt (a week after his semi-annual bath)
Wearing the "Cone of Shame"


No comments: