Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Birthdays and Bike Riding

Happy Birthday to Daddy!!  Yesterday was his birthday and we had so much fun celebrating it!  Riley helped me wrap the presents a few days ago and has been bugging me since then if we can give them to him yet!  Apparently he told Cam not to look in the closet either because "that's where the presents are hidden."  ugh!  Oh well.  Then we pull them out of the closet to take to Cam and Riley hands him one and says "Here, This one is your Water Bottle."  We are definitely gonna have to work on secret keeping!  Anyways, We got up yesterday and the boys helped me make Lemon Dessert, one of Cam's Favorites, from his mom's recipe.  Riley especially liked licking the spoon and bowl after mixing the cream cheese/cool whip layer.  Then we met Daddy at the park for lunch.  It was nice to spend some time with him.  We had Brats and Corn-on-the-cob for dinner, and of course Lemon Dessert for dessert.  I got out some candles to stick in the "cake" and only got out 5.  My reasoning was Cam is 32, so I'll get 3 and 2 candles.  So I pull out the 5 candles and Riley counts them and says "Daddy, You're 5 years old, I'm 5 too!!"  It was so cute!! 

Along with his new water bottle, he got some new running socks, an insulation tube for his camelbak, and a new screwdriver set.  It wasn't much (everything else on his list was super expensive and way past my technical understanding of cars!), but I hope he knows how much he is appreciated and loved for his birthday. 

In other news!  RILEY CAN RIDE A TWO WHEEL BIKE NOW!!!!  He's such a big boy, and keeping him off the bike now is a challenge!  He loves it!  It took a few times up and down the sidewalk, and a few tears for him to realize that he could pick his feet up and put them on the pedals, but once he did there was no stopping him!!  You can watch the video Here. 

We haven't done much else the last week.  I've been crocheting up a storm the last few weeks.  I've got my first festival coming up, and after evaluating my inventory I realized I'm really behind.  But I've worked really hard the last couple weeks to make up some ground.  A BIG THANK YOU to my husband for being so understanding and giving me the time I need to work on everything.  I've gotten a lot accomplished.  Here's some pictures of stuff I've done the last few weeks.  I'm especially proud of the animal hats (they are the hardest and most time consuming).  Just a few more baby blankets, scarves, and girl's hats to go!!  Check out everything I have for sale at www.babybeardesigns.net  and/or LIKE my Facebook Page here.  And you can always place an order by emailing me at babybeardesigns@yahoo.com. 





Next week is a trip to Indy!!  Can't wait to see all our friends and family!  Look for lots of pictures afterwards!  Have a good week everyone!

No comments: