Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Denver Zoo

Oh wow, am I behind!!  Over weeks ago now, we took a trip to the Denver Zoo with some friends.  It was a crazy morning and we had to make a side trip to the Hospital after our good friend Jan was taken by ambulance on her way to meeting us.  Thankfully she's ok now, seems she had an anxiety attack of some sort while driving.  She missed out on the zoo, and we missed her, but we are just so happy that she's ok, and thankfully to all the helpful people that took care of her on the road and in the hospital.

So after our crazy morning we didn't make it to the zoo as early as planned and had to cut the visit short because of the heat.  But what we did get to see was GREAT!!  They have a new Elephant exhibit that is absolutely wonderful!  Of course we went straight there.  It was neat to see the new elephants, and all the space they have for future expansion.


We also visited the "tidal pools" a little splash area for kids to play in, and it was a great cool-down.


Our other favorite stop was the Big Cats.  Most were inside keeping cool, so we got to see a lot of them up close and personal!  Along with a new leopard kitten, and the Snow Leopards!!  I think those may be my personal favorite!!  We rarely get to see them, and when do they are just laying around in the shade, but this day they were walking around, jumping, and even playing!!  It was almost magical to watch them float through the air and pounce on each other so silently!  I could have watched them all day!!


That pretty much took us through the trip to the zoo, we saw more animals than that, but with 4 boys and two exhausted Mommies, 4 hours was enough for us!!  SO since we were that far south, we made a little side trip so that I could introduce our friends to Steak n Shake Milkshakes!!  We figured that after corralling the kids, first at the emergency room, then the zoo we could treat ourselves!  It was Yummy!!

And since we were so close, we also visited IKEA!!  I am now in love!  I never understood all the hype when IKEA came to Denver, but that's because I was an IKEA Virgin!  Now that I have been, I'm obsessed!!  And I can't wait to go back!!  So Cool!!!  Thank you Cathy, for introducing me to the fabulous-ness that is IKEA!!!


Then it was home to pack, because soon we were off to INDIANA!!

No comments: