Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Good Weather!!!

Hi everyone, I hope you are all enjoying this weather as much as we are!!  We have been so busy and having a blast this week.  This weekend Mommy had a jewelry party so Daddy and the boys got to hang out and have man time!  Well, it was mostly just running errands, but Mommy definitely got some girl time!  Then, Monday we had a play date for MOPS at the bounce place, Jumpin'.  Everyone had so much fun!!  Jayce didn't do much jumping, but they have other toys for little kids that he had fun on.  There were a couple of Birthday parties going on too and somehow he got ahold of a balloon.  And he didn't let it out of his sight the rest of the day!! It was cute. Here's some pictures from the bounce place:

Yesterday we took it easy.  We played outside a lot in the beautiful sunshine!  It's been in the 70's all week and I'm loving it!  Almost all my spring bulbs are coming up, and some of my crocuses are even blooming!! 

Today was another busy day.  We went with some friends on a hike to Horsetooth Falls - our favorite hike!!  The falls were flowing really good because of the snowmelt and so it was a nice cool-down after a "long, hot hike"-according to Riley!  The kids did great!! My friend Brandy brought her 4 kids all ages 4-12.  Riley liked having the older boys to follow after.  The almost 2 1/2 mile hike was just right for them!  Jayce rode in the backpack so he had no problems at all!  He really enjoyed throwing rocks into the water pool, and there were no tears when I buckled him back in for the return trip!  YAY!!!  Here are some highlights from the trip. 

All the kids: Katelynn, Allyson, Eli, David, Jayce, Riley

Testing the waters - literally!
Throwing Rocks

We were babylegging it again this week a lot!!  You can see both the boys sportin' the BL's for our hike this morning, and yesterday Jayce did the Colts attire.  But this one from Saturday is by far my favorite!!  I'm working on freezer paper stenciling (from pinterest) for a MOPS craft so I experimented with some shirts for me and the boys.  This is the one I did for Jayce.  I chose the flames because I love his flame babylegs and he doesn't have much to wear them with.  So I made something for him!!  What a cutie!! 
And we still have a lot planned for the rest of the week.  Tomorrow we are doing some shopping.  We need some new dress clothes for Easter, and Daddy keeps wearing out his jeans at work!  Plus there's grocery shopping and lots of other things we need to pick up.  Then on Friday we are heading to our friends Tanner, Jackson, and Ryder's house.  Their mom is re-doing Tanner and Jackson's room making a clubhouse out of a bunkbed (well, Dad did that part) and painting a big tree on the wall. I went over last week to help trace the tree and Friday we are going to paint it!  I've been itching to do something like this for a while.  I really liked doing the boys walls before Jayce was born, and I've been thinking about doing something in their bathroom.  So I was happy when she asked me to help out!!  I live for this crafty stuff!!!  There's a St. Patrick's Day parade in Old Town on Saturday . . . but after this crazy week I may just opt to stay home and lay on the couch!! 

Enjoy the rest of the week everyone - and get outside!!!

No comments: