Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Changes coming

Hi everyone.  I apologize for the delay in updates, I'm dealing with some Website issues.  It seems that after 5 1/2 years of free blogging, my blog has reached it limit of "free-ness".  At this point I can no longer upload any pictures or videos to my blog without paying extra fees.  Since I don't see the point in blogging about my growing family and our daily life without the use of pictures, I have come to the decision to make some changes to my blog. 

I have also recently started a blog for my business, and found that the same limitations are imposed on this free blog as well.  So with my growing business in mind I have decided to (cringe) pay for a website.  I have spend the last couple weeks researching the best options for both my personal blog and my business website, hoping to combine the two into one domain address.  I have bought a domain through ipage, they seem to be the cheapest and still offer what all I need.  I am just in the process of building my site now.  And since I have virtually 0 experience in doing this, it's taking a while.  I have been waiting for 4 days now for the website to be up and running on the web (since I chose not to pay extra for the immediate posting), but since I'm a visual person I am at a loss to know what to do to my new website until I can see it. 

What I'm saying - It may be a while before I get the thing looking like I want it to look, and running like I want it to run.  It's definitely a learning process.  On the upside - It should be everything all in one for me!!  A private blog of my family's daily life, and a public area for my business to grow.  I have been keeping regular "blogposts" saved onto my computer, and will upload those when the new blog is ready.  So you will have plenty of backlogged posts to read when this is all finally done! 

I am hoping to keep this blog available, at least for a short while to direct people to the new site, but if I can transfer over my archives I will most likely delete it sometime in the near future, we'll see.  But don't worry, I will update everyone where to find this new blog . . . as soon as I know!!  haha

Hope everyone is enjoying their warm spring - we were in the mid-80's on Sunday and playing in the sprinklers, but today it's snowing.  Gotta Love Colorado!!!  Have a Happy Easter Everyone!

No comments: