Sunday, January 29, 2012

Short week in indy

Hey everyone, Thought I should let you all know how the trip to Indy went. . . and well, very good.  It was an emotional rollercoaster for me, but overall I think I got everything done that I needed to.  Jayce was great for the flight to Indy - hardly any crying until the last 20 minutes or so.  Pretty good considering he had horrible diarrhea and subsequently a horrible diaper rash.  But overall the flight was fairly painless.  However, Jayce did manage to pass the diarrhea germs to nearly everyone he came into contact with in those 24 hours!  Apparently it was passed to Daddy before leaving, and Mommy (we both got it the next day) then Uncle Rodger and Kathie, Even Grandma Wilson got a dose of it!  Yuck!!!  So Aunt Janice - You were right to stay away!!!  Wish we could have seen you, but we would rather have you healthy!!! 

Other than that the boys had a great time!  Cousins Maddie and Vanessa stayed the night at Grandma & Grandpa's Friday night and Riley couldn't have had more Fun!!  They watched Tangled (in Vanessa's new Rapunzel hat) and pretty much just ran a muck through the house!  Grandma and I discussed how nice it would be if they lived closer and could play more often . . . then I thought twice - Maybe limiting the time that Riley and Vanessa are in the same house (or same city for that matter) is a good thing!!  They are probably the only ones who can wear each other out!!!  ;) 

We also got to see one of my very good friends from high school!!!  She lives near Seattle now and it was a complete fluke that we were both in Indy at the same time!!  Her oldest and Riley are only 4 months apart . . . and ironically her youngest and Jayce are only 4 months apart too!!  Hahaha!!  So the boys had a blast all playing together!  It was so great to catch up with her, I wish it could have been for more than just a few hours.  And I wish I would have gotten some pictures too!  What was I thinking!!  ugh!

Most of my time was spent at the house though.  It was hard doing all this on a deadline.  I could have spent months going through everything in detail.  But I got the necessities done (I hope) and the rest is up to Mom and Anna (sorry guys!)  If you haven't had to do this, consider yourself lucky.  All of my memories from growing up are in that house . . . even if it was remodeled after I moved out and looked very different.  And walking out of there for the last time Tuesday night was quite possibly the hardest thing I've ever had to do. I took as many things as I could to remind me of all the good times spent there, but there was so much more that I wanted to take that was impossible - like the fireplace my dad built with his own two hands, and the oak tree I planted in the front yard when I was in third grade.  Even though it's been more than 10 years since I lived in that house, it will always be home, and it hurts to think that someone else will be living there and "possessing" my memories.  But on the upside, Rodger's working hard to see if it can be purchased by a person or organization that truly needs a house equipped for someone with physical disabilities.  The house was remodeled years ago to accomodate my mom and her wheelchair (wider doorways, lowered light switches, reversed sink faucets, not too mention all the ramps!)  and it would be nice to know that all that is being utilized by someone in need of it. 

And the flight back wasn't as pleasant and the flight going to Indy.  The turbulance was the worst on any flight I have ever been on, Jayce was flat out refusing to sleep and therefore screamed nearly the entire flight, Riley was too tired to watch a movie, but not tired enough to sleep (so he resorted to kicking the seat in front of him for entertainment!), and to top it all off - my slight headache turned into a massive migraine upon boarding the plane!!  I am not a great flyer, and have recently started wearing motion sickness bands to help, but this was by far the worst flight ever for me!!!  (and that includes the flight when I was just a few weeks pregnant with Riley and puked at least three times during takeoff!!)  So it will most likely be a while until I fly again with the boys by myself.  Oh yeah  - that was the best part - trying to get two sleeping children off the plane with all the carry-on bags too!  I almost cried when I found out that they wouldn't give Cam a gate pass to meet me off the plane and I had to get the kids all the way to baggage claim on my own!  I have never loved my Sit n Stand stroller more than at that moment right there!!!  But we are home safe and sound now, trying to get back into the swing of things.  Here's some more pictures from the trip:

Sleeping on the airplane

Gotta stop at Steak n Shake!


Gotta Stop at Don Pablos Too!!

Grandma Wilson & Riley

Jayce, Grandma Wilson & Riley

Riley and Eliza at Chicago's

Mom and Anna


Jayce and Aunt Anna

Riley playing with Unkie Rodgie's flashlight

Jayce messing up Unkie Rodgie's Bed

Playing in the snow at Unkie Rodgie's
In other news, I have finally decided to start selling some of my crochet items.  I'm working on putting together an inventory for an online store (Etsy or Artfire or something), but in the meantime I'm just gonna start with taking orders via Facebook.  I'm working on a store name and some pictures, but I should have that up and running by the end of the week.  So feel free to email me if you would like something!!  I'll post the link on here when I get everything all set up!  This is kinda exciting for me!  I've never done anything like this before, and I'm not sure how it will go, but I'm anxious to get it underway!  Have a good week everyone!! 

No comments: