Saturday, October 16, 2010

Swim Lessons - Yuck!!! Candy - YUM!!!

Hey everyone!!  Hope you are having a good weekend!!  This week I started Swim Lessons with Mommy.  It's a Mommy & Me class, meaning Mommy helps me the whole time.  I HATE IT!!!  I like it better when we just go and play at the baby pool, where it's only comes up to my knees and I can just play.  Mommy and Teacher make me go in deep parts where Mommy has to hold me.  I don't like that, cuz then I can't do what I want.  They also make me do stuff like make swim arms and kick my feet.  Mommy keeps trying to dunk me under water too, and I REALLY don't like that!!!  I think the only part I like is when we get to play with toys.  Mommy says I'm supposed to throw my toy and "Swim" to it, but why would I throw it when it's already in my hand and I can play with it!!  Duh!!  Oh and I like Jumping off the edge into Mommy's arms (even though I cheat a little and make Mommy hold me before I jump!!)  Mommy said I did better on day 2 than day 1, and I guess I was nicer about it, not screaming in Mommy's ear as much.  But I only have to do it for 6 more days!!!  Yippee!!!  I just hope that Mommy doesn't get the idea of doing this again next year!! 

Yesterday we went to CSU's Homecoming Parade!  It was so much fun!!  I got to see firetrucks, and floats, and cars, and get CANDY!!!  The Rangers that Mommy used to work with were in it (Mommy was sad she couldn't be with them this year) and so I got to see the new Ranger Truck and Steve's Horse - she's pretty!
  And Colby gave me candy!!  I didn't get a whole lot, but what I did get I polished off this morning before Mommy and Daddy got up!!  hehehe - I thought for sure they would hide it after I went to bed last night, but when I woke up, there it was still in the bag laying on the floor where I left it last night!!  So I ate it all before Mommy and Daddy could take it and hide it!!  Aren't I smart!!

Here's a picture of Jayce's Room.  Mommy finished the second wall.  Now she just has one left to do.  It's the wall by the closet - she's just doing three Monkeys hanging (like in the game Barrel of Monkeys).  Then she's all done!!  I bet she'll be happy to be all done!! 

Oh, I almost forgot the MOST EXCITING NEWS!!!  DADDY GOT A JOB!!!!  It pays really well, and sounds like the insurance is really good too (whatever that is - Mommy and Daddy were excited about it!)  But best of all Daddy will get off work at 3 everyday!! That means he gets to hang out with me more!!  I guess that means he has to get up really early though.  Mommy says it's even earlier than she had to get up this summer!!  I hope he's not too tired to play with me when he gets home.  Anyways, I think he's gonna start this week sometime.  And one more thing to tell you about.  Mommy wants me to tell you that she has a Doula now to help out when Jayce is born.  Mommy's friends with my Friend Ashlynn's Mommy, and Ashlynn's Grandma is a Massage Therapist (I don't know what that is, but Mommy was excited) who's training to be a Doula.  She's already taken a bunch of classes on prenatal massage, and is learning other techniques for helping Mommies in labor.  But before she can be certified as a Doula she has to be at 3 births, and so Mommy and Daddy are let her be at Jayce's birth to help her out.  I guess she's going to give Mommy some massages too, which Mommy is SUPER Excited about - and all this is FREE, since she's not certified yet!  Mommy was a little worried about having someone other than Daddy and Doctors there, she said I couldn't come, but after meeting the lady and learning how much help she can be, (not to mention Mommy likes to help people out too) she realized that this can't hurt any, and it's Free, so Why Not!! 

Well, that's about it for this week.  I still don't have my Halloween Costume finished, so I'll have to bug Mommy about that this week so I can show you.  Have a good rest of the weekend everyone!!

No comments: