Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween!!!

Hi Everybody!  I hope you all had a happy and safe Halloween this year!!  I had a Blast!!!  Wanna hear what all I've been up to the last couple weeks?  Ok - let's see, Daddy started his new job, so Mommy and I have been spending lots of time together!  We've been going to swimming lessons (which I've learned isn't so bad after all - except for the going underwater part that Mommy makes me do!), and the library, and grocery, and painting!!  I miss hanging out with Daddy, but Mommy and I have a lot of fun too - and Daddy's usually home by the time I wake up from my nap which is really nice!  Daddy seems to like his new job a lot!  He has a lot of responsibilities, and has to get up really early, but it sounds like the people he works with are really nice, and the insurance and other benefits are so great!!  Which is good, because those were the worst things about his last Job! 

We went shopping last week to get Daddy some new work clothes, and Mommy got something for Jayce (and part of my Halloween outfit).  This outfit is for him to come home from the hospital in, and for Christmas too.  Isn't it really cute - it has a reindeer on the butt!!! 

Oh yeah, and Mommy FINALLY finished Jayce's room.  She's still adding a few 'accent' things, like a night light and name picture like in my room, but all the major painting and moving of stuff is done. 

And Last Weekend we went up in the mountains to play in the snow!!  Mommy wanted to take some pictures for Christmas cards (yes, I TRIED to tell her it was a little early!!!), but I had fun just making footprints!  It was snowing really hard up at Cameron Pass (up the Poudre Canyon) and they had almost a foot of fresh powder!  

This weekend was SUPER busy!!  Yesterday I helped Mommy plant some bulbs and bake all day!!  She coordinated the Bake Sale at church this morning to raise money for MOPS, and so I helped her make Owl Cookies (my favorite fall cookie!!) to sell.  Thankfully, she made some extra for me and Daddy too!! They were Yummy!! 

Then last night Daddy and I carved my pumpkin - yes, a little last minute!  We only got one pumpkin this year to save money, and a couple gourds for Mommy and Daddy, so we only had one pumpkin to carve.  Daddy helped me, well, ok, did almost the whole thing.  I didn't like the goopy insides.  Mommy made me touch them for a picture, but they were yucky!!  I immediately washed my hands!! 



Then today Mommy left me at home with Daddy when she went to church so she could work the bake sale all morning!  They made a lot of money for MOPS, and Mommy brought home some of the leftovers - YUMMY!!!  And tonight was my FAVORITE PART!!!  TRICK OR TREATING!!! 

 Here's me in my Mickey Mouse Costume.  Mommy put me in pants instead of shorts (partly cuz she had a hard time finding red shorts this time of year) so that I'd be warmer too.  It was a warm night though, so I didn't even have to wear a coat.  Daddy took me out, and Mommy stayed home to pass out candy.  We went all the way around our block, over to Trevor's house and back again.  I got almost my whole pumpkin full of candy!!!  But Mommy and Daddy only let me have a few pieces tonight.  I hope they leave it out again like last time so I can eat it all in the morning!!!  hehehe  but probably not! 

Well, that's all that's been going on here.  We have one more week of swimming lessons, and Mommy goes to the Doctor again this week.  Then after that we are relaxing until Thanksgiving!! 

No comments: