Thursday, August 26, 2010

Mt. Evans with Grandma & Grandpa

Well, Grandma & Grandpa Louie are back home again in Indiana now. I really miss them! We had so much fun together last week! On Sunday it was supposed to be super hot again, so after church we all drove up into the mountains. In Fact, we drove up to the top of Mount Evans, a fourteener outside of Denver. (it's called a Fourteener because it's elevation is above 14,000ft above sea level). The road goes up to 14,130 ft, and then you have to hike the rest of the way to the 14,258ft summit. And we all Made it!!! I was so proud of Mommy (23 weeks pregnant) and Grandma & Grandpa ("flat landers" as we like to call them!!) hehe. We made it to the top and took a bunch of pictures to prove it!! This was my second time up to the top - Mommy and Daddy took me when I was just a few months old. So I don't remember it at all. We also saw a herd of Mountain Goats!! Mount Evans is known for it's Mountain Goats, and we finally got to see some. Mommy and Daddy have been up three times, and only seen 1, and we got to see a whole herd!! Then on Monday we went to a MOPS park play-date. I had so much fun playing with my friends! Greg came, with Jaxon of course, and Harrison was there too. I even got to play with this girl named Makenna!! She was a lot of fun, but Mommy keeps calling her my Girlfriend. Well duh Mommy - She's a girl, and she's my friend - what else would she be! Later on on Monday, Mommy and Daddy and Grandma and Grandpa did a lot of talking. It was really boring, but Mommy said they were picking out possible middle names for the baby. Grandpa was helping them translate character qualities into Chinese so they could get some ideas. Boring!! But Mommy and Daddy said that they have narrowed it down to a couple names. We'll see if any stick!
Anywhoo - Things are getting back to a normal routine around here! Mommy is starting to clean out the spare bedroom slowly. That's going to be my room after Mommy paints me a big mural on the wall. That way the baby can have my room now. Mommy's going to paint a mural on that wall too. She said she wanted to do that for me when I was a baby but never got the chance. So I get a dragon on the wall in my new room (YAY), and the baby gets a jungle scene, or maybe just trees with Monkeys in them - Mommy's still trying to decide. I think she wants to narrow down the nursery theme from jungle to just Monkeys to make it a little more special for the new baby. She's still deciding though!
In other news - Mommy gets to work for 4 more weeks (at least they need her to work that long), but she's getting really uncomfortable and doesn't really want to work that long. She's back on the 6 am shift, so it's hard for her to get enough sleep. But the good news is Daddy may have a couple of job opportunities lined up!! One is the phone interview he had last week (he's still waiting to hear about that one) and the other is a job that he applied for earlier but didn't get. Apparently the guy they did hire isn't working out, so the posted the job again!! Daddy's just waiting to hear back on that one too. So keep you're fingers crossed!!! Talk to ya all later!!

No comments: