Monday, June 14, 2010

Rain Rain Go Away!

Hey everyone! Sorry I haven't kept up, but things have been kinda boring around here! Mommy works all the time, Daddy stays home with me since he lost his job, and the weekends we play lazy family! We've had some really hot days, like in the 90's, and some really cold days, only in the 60's. Last week was really hot, and the mountain snow has been melting really fast. Then this passed weekend it rained a bunch too, so there's lots of flooding going on around here. The Poudre River (that runs through Ft. Collins) is the highest it's been in a long time, and the Reservoir where Mommy works is already FULL!!! It's at Maximum Capacity - which means that they can't let any more water in, and that hasn't happened in 30 years!!! So yesterday we went up to Rocky Mountain National Park to see the Big Thompson River and all the wildlife. It was snowing and The road up to the top was closed, but we still got to see all the waterfalls, and a lot of animals. We saw big horn sheep, lots of elk, a marmot, and lots of chipmunks and ground squirrels. Here's some pictures from our trip:
Me and Mommy at the Alluvial Fan

A Waterfall up by Rainbow Curve


Me at Bear Lake
I've also been able to play in the sprinklers some on the hot days. Greg got me a big beach ball that squirts water - it is so much fun!! I like chasing the doggies with the big ball. We haven't been swimming yet, but it's suppose to be back in the 90's by Wednesday, so maybe Daddy will take me to the lake then and Mommy can come over after work. That would be fun! I think Mommy's going to give me a haircut this weekend. She wants me to be clean cut for when Gran Wilson and Aunt Anna come in a couple of weeks. I'm so excited for that!! Mommy says we've lots of fun stuff planned!! Well, have a good week everyone! See ya all later!

No comments: