Thursday, April 01, 2010

Hike To Horsetooth Falls

Hi Everyone!! Happy April!! The weather this week has been really nice, very spring-like. So yesterday Mommy and I went on a Hike! We went to Horsetooth Falls. It's a short hike, only a little over 2 miles round trip, and Mommy thought I would be able to make it after my snowshoeing advernture!! And I did!!! I hiked the whole thing by myself! Mommy brought the backpack to carry me in just in case, but she didn't need it. It was such a pretty day, even though the wind was a little chilly! I loved hiking and seeing all the rocks and footprints (the trails had been pretty muddy with all the snow, so the dried mud had lots of footprints in them). Mommy's teaching me about boys and girls (I'm a boy, Greg's a boy, Daddy's a boy, but Mommy and Lacey and Piper are girls). So I kept trying to explain to her that the footprints were Girl Footprints, but she wouldn't listen!! She kept saying "how do you know that they aren't boy footprints?" and I would tell her "Cuz they're GIRL FOOTPRINTS!!!" Silly Mommy!! Here's me in front of Horsetooth Falls:

Mommy let me carry my backpack. It has a camelbak in it for water just like Mommy and Daddy's backpacks. I also carried my snack - some cuties and a granola bar. You can see in the picture that there is actually water in the waterfall this time! Mommy says that usually it only has water in late April and May, then it becomes just a trickle for the rest of the summer. But with the heavy wet snows we've had every 2 days lately, there's more water than usual!!!

I also had my first experience with going potty outside. I didn't like it too much. Mommy said that some boys are potty trained by pee-peeing in the grass, but she didn't want me to go there all the time so she didn't do that. I've seen Greg pee-pee in the grass though, so I thought I could do it. But when it came time to go it was just scary (and cold with the wind). So Mommy tried to help hold me up like I was sitting on the potty - but mostly I just peed on my shorts!! So Mommy told Daddy that's his job this weekend, is to help me learn how to pee-pee standing up, and maybe even outside!!

It was such a fun hike with Mommy! She said that we'll have to do a lot more hikes this summer since I can hike by myself now. She already has plans to hike The Wild Loop at Devil's Backbone, The Three Bar Trail at Eagle's Nest, and the Bent Rock Trail at Red Mountain. This is going to be such a fun summer!!!

Mommy also told me about the Easter Bunny coming this weekend!! I don't really know what that means, but it sounds like fun!!! Mommy has to work on Easter, though. She said that it snuck right up on her and she forgot to ask it off. But she doesn't have to work until 9, so maybe we can still go to a Son-rise Service at church. And I heard Daddy talking about doing an egg hunt in the backyard after Mommy gets home (but SHHHHH - I'm not suppose to know about it)!! So look for more pictures to come!! I have a feeling that Mommy's going to be taking a lot this summer!!

No comments: