Sunday, June 07, 2009

JUNE Showers?

Hi Everyone! It has been so rainy here in Colorado!! I was kinda stormy before we left for our trip to Indy, but it has only gotten worse!! It rained a bunch while we were in Indy, so much that our flight home was delayed because of storms in Denver. And it has rained almost everyday since we've been home!! Mommy was looking forward to this weekend at work because it was the Grand Opening of the new Red Mountain Open Space, but it all got postponed until next weekend because the construction crew hasn't been able to finish the road to the trailhead, or some of the trails because of all the rain!! Soapstone Natural Area (Red Mountain's neighbor run by City of Fort Collins) got their stuff finished in time, but still couldn't have the dedication ceremony today because we had a HUGE hail storm come through!!! We're talking Golf Ball size hail in the foothills!! Thankfully by the time it got to our house it was only pebble size:
There have been tornado warnings a lot too, something that Mommy isn't too comfortable with! But on the bright side, all this rain has made everything REALLY Green!!! It's so pretty, Mommy can't wait to share some of the pictures she's taken of the places she works.
In other news! I went shopping (well, Mommy and Daddy took me!) with all my Birthday money! I got a lot of cool stuff!! I got a picnic table just for me with an unbrella on it, and a big ball to play with outside, and 4 movies!! And Mommy and Daddy got me a bike trailer for my birthday so I can go on bike rides with them! I even got a little Colorado license plate with my name on it to put on the back of the trailer!! hehe!! Well, that's about it for now! Mommy says she will try to get some work pictures up after the grand opening (hopefully) next weekend!! Have a good week everyone!!

No comments: