Monday, July 07, 2008

Camping on the 4th!

Hi everyone!! What an exciting weekend I had!! Mommy got a campsite at Horsetooth Reservoir for us for Friday night, so we went camping, and then sat on one of the dams Friday night to watch the fireworks over Fort Collins. It was so much fun!! Mommy had to work on Friday, so we went early and set up camp, and then she went to work. Daddy and I didn't have much fun waiting for her though, cuz it was REALLY HOT out!! But it was nice that she could come and eat dinner with us!! I got really dirty when mommy was gone! Daddy let me play in the gravel, and dirt, and everything!! I had so much fun running around!! Then when Mommy got off work we went to watch the fireworks!! That was really cool! (even though I fell asleep about 10 minutes in!) We were far enough away that the booms didn't bother me at all - obviously if I fell asleep! Then I got to sleep in the tent with Mommy and Daddy. they put me in my playpen at first, but I was fussy so I got to squeeze in the sleeping bag with Mommy!! That was fun!! On Saturday Mommy didn't have to work until noon, so we packed every thing up and went to the doggie swim beach to play. But the doggies didn't play too much - cuz they were way too tired from all the excitement of Friday. Then me and Daddy went home while Mommy went to work. Daddy gave me a bath when we got home and the water was so yucky afterwards!! hehehe!!

It was such a good time - I hope we get to do that a lot more!! You'll have to see all the pictures in the kodak album that Mommy made.
Today Mommy and I are going to go shopping!! (Cuz it's Daddy's Birthday on Wednesday) - but SSSSSHHHHH!!!!!! Hope everyone had a Happy 4th of July!!

No comments: