Monday, August 05, 2013

Painting and Zoo

My good friend Jan has been so wonderful for my kids, and me!  She plays substitute Grandma to them since their real grandma's are so far away!  And the past couple weeks we've had a lot of fun with her. 

First we did a Painting class at Picasso and Wine, my favorite place to go!  I did one earlier this year with Jayce, and wanted to do one with Riley too.  During the summer months they hold "painting camps" featuring a different artist and a little art history each week.  One week they featured Pollock, the artist who throws paint.  I thought how fun!!!  So I invite Jan to be my helper so that both boys could do it.  My friend Trista also brought her little girl Kinsey.  Everyone loved it!

They painted a background first, then we went outside to throw the paint.  I'll let the photos tell the story. :)
Our instructor demonstrating how to throw paint
Riley got really into it!
Jan Helping Jayce throw
This painting is messy stuff!
Kinsey had a blast too!
Messy girl!






Jan also took us to the zoo last week.  That was a huge help, and so much fun!  I couldn't have done it without her.  She helped tremendously, and the boys enjoyed having her with us!  Here's our day at the zoo:


Watching the Tigers

It was a hot day, so the misters in the Lorikeet Adventure were favorites!
Jan feeding the Lorikeets
Even Jayce got to try!

Thanks Jan, for helping us complete some of our Summer Bucket List!!  We had so much fun with you!!

No comments: