Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Pumpkins and Halloween

Happy Halloween Everyone!! 

Hope you had a Happy and safe time Trick-or-Treating!  We sure did!  This was Jayce's First time out, and he did a great job (and came away with a pretty hefty bounty)!  He went all the way around the block with Daddy and Riley, then got dropped off at home while they conquered some more of the neighborhood.  Riley came home with quite a bit too! 


Riley also had his first school party!  He got to take and dress up in his costume (minus light saber - it's considered a weapon-lol) which he thought was the coolest thing!  And of course it is!  And Mommy learned a very important lesson today - Get to the school early for pick-up on Party days - WHAT A MAD HOUSE!!! 

Earlier this week we carved our huge pumpkins from Anderson's.  That was a lot of fun, and a lot of work for Mommy and Daddy.  Riley did very little of the de-gutting.  And only with a spoon.  He refused to get messy yet again.  Jayce was interested in it, the seeds especially, but only after they were loose from the "guts".  He wasn't too fond of touching the stuff either.  lol 


In other news, Daddy has finally found some time to get started on the bunk beds.  He hasn't gotten far though, so you'll have to wait on pictures of those a little longer.  The basement is pretty much done, so I'll try and get some pictures of that this week.  We took a trip to IKEA this weekend and got a desk for my craft stuff, some stuff for the girl's room, and a few Christmas presents (really trying not to get too far behind on that!  And this weekend Mommy is taking a trip up to Frisco with some friends for a "Girl's Weekend".  She is so excited!!  Some much needed rest and relaxation (and adult conversation!) 

Not much else going on right now.  Things are slowing down at my store, and I'm kinda liking it that way.  I haven't been pushing much, and I'm planning on stopping orders in a few weeks anyways.  I have one more show I'm doing the Saturday after Thanksgiving at the Outlet Mall in Loveland, but I'm not planning on taking any orders from that - just selling in-stock inventory.  It will be a nice break.  I've managed to break even this year, and make a small profit as of now, so we'll see if I can keep my spending to a minimum so I stay in the black.  I always hear the jokes about how people sell their knit and crochet items to support their yarn buying habits, but it really is true!  I can't get out of Michael's, Hobby Lobby, Joann's or even WalMart! without a couple balls of yarn.  It's crazy!  There's always something I see I like, or something that's a good deal, or a new color, etc.  I should take a picture of my yarn shelves to show you all - they are completely full!!  I started working on a few things for this little girl, and I'm really excited to finish them. 

I think we've finally decided on a First Name for our little girl.  Now we just have to get our list of ideas to Grandpa Louie so he can help us out with a Middle Name (ah-hem, Cameron!).  But it's nice to be at least halfway there.  Well, that's about it for now.  November is another full month for us.  Birthday Parties, a baby shower, the new Twilight Movie coming out!!!, Thanksgiving, and lots more!  I'll try to keep you updated with everything in a timely fashion!  Have a good rest of the week everyone!

No comments: