Monday, October 22, 2012

Fall Fun Back at home



Saturday was our first day back at home after Yellowstone, and it was a beautiful warm fall day.  So we took full advantage!  After working on some basic errands that morning, laundry, grocery, etc. we headed out to our favorite local pumpkin patch to get our Halloween Pumpkins!  The pumpkins this year were HUGE!!!  We usually get appropriately sized pumpkins for each person (smallest for Jayce, Medium for Riley, Little bigger for Mommy and a Huge one for Daddy), but this year finding smaller ones for the boys was proving to be difficult!  Even so, with 5 good sized pumpkins (two of them nearly the size of Jayce!) we only paid $10!!  I love Anderson’s Patchwork Pumpkins!!!  After our excursion to the patch, we make a basic, staple dinner of Spaghetti (it’s all we wanted after a week of eating out at barbeque and fast food restaurants), and then built a fire in our new firepit to roast some marshmallows!  It was a great way to end our vacation!  
Hayride out to the patches
Jayce's Pumpkin
Riley's Pumpkin
Mommy's got enough Pumpkin to carry around!
All these for $10
 

I know I’ve gotten way behind on my Monthly Photo Albums since the beginning of the year.  Kodak Gallery (where I used to hold all my photos) shut down and transferred to Shutterfly.  So I’ve had to learn a new system, and wait for everything to be transferred over, and frankly, I just haven’t had the time.  Until now!  I spent the weekend getting caught up!!  YAY!!  I now have all the monthly albums made up through September, and October’s should be completed on time just after the end of the month (here in a few days!).  I can still email them to you if you would like – just let me know, otherwise you can see them all on my “sharingpage”.  
 I think you have to be invited to view the sharing page from Shutterfly, so just send me your email address if you want to “be invited” and I’ll make sure you have access to it.  Also, just a heads up – I may be Phasing Out this blog and moving everything to the sharing page permanently.  After all the issues with uploading photos here, and now I’m getting NUMEROUS spam comments almost daily, I was considering making the blog private come the beginning of the new year (you have to be approved to view and sign in with your email to see).  But After working this weekend on Shutterfly I’ve learned that their “Sharing Site” has a journal section where I can blog about my photos, which is really all I do anyways.  And, there is a calendar so you can see what all we are up to, and a ton more cool stuff – AND IT’S FREE!!!  So if it’s really as easy to use as it looks, I may just stop using this blog (it will still be accessible) and start putting my updates, pictures, etc. all in one spot.  I’ll let you know for sure and give you all the links to make sure no one gets left out.  


That seems to be about it for now.  Mommy is getting more and more uncomfortable every day, and we are one step closer to deciding on a name for this baby girl!  Hopefully soon!!  More updates coming after Halloween!  The boys are going to look great in their coordinating costumes!! ;)

No comments: