Monday, June 18, 2012

VBS

VBS was last week and Riley had a Ball!!!  I was so excited when he would wake up every morning and ask if he got to go to VBS again, and then Cheer when I would say yes!  And yes, because of that on Friday I made a big deal about telling all his friends bye, and his teachers Thank you because it was the last day of VBS.  The theme this year was Sky: Everything is possible with God.  There were so many cute crafts, games, and snacks I can't even begin to list them all.  Thankfully, my part in VBS this year (other than decorations) was being a photographer!  So instead of telling you about it I'll just show you!!  (Warning: There's a LOT of Pictures, and this is only a Fraction of the ones I took!!
The Hot Air Balloon
One of the Theme Lessons each Day
Decorations by Yours Truly
The "Garden Wall"
Night Sky, also by me
Treehouse by Cam
Third Floor Decorations
Airplane Tail (me again)
Games - Indoors due to smoke from the fire
Kingdom Konnection (4th &5th Graders)
Science Table (BIG HIT!!!)
Singing
Eagle Crafts
More Fun Games (indoors)
Riley's Group - The Blue Bats
Game - Cloud Catching
Vaseline on the nose . . .
and race back with Cotton balls - no hands allowed!
Kingdom Konnection
Have you ever played Musical Chairs In a Hallway?
Pinecone Squirrels - SO CUTE!!!
More singing
Jan, our Fearless Leader Joining in the songs
THANK YOU JAN FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK!!!!
And last, a visit from the Rocky Mountain Raptor Rescue Group
Golden Eagle
Southwestern something-or-another Owl (sorry I forgot!)
As you can see there was a lot going on, and everyone had so much fun!  This was the last year for our good friend Jan to be heading it up (since she has resigned her position as the head of Children's Ministry) and she will be sorely missed!!!  She has always done a wonderful job with VBS and it will never be the same without her! 

No comments: