Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Blog Catch-up 4-8


We had a beautiful Easter Day today!  Lots of sunshine.  I really, truly love this time of year!!  And I couldn’t have asked for a more fun day with the boys!  Riley was off to find Easter baskets before we were even awake .  . . I guess that’s how it goes at this age!  He was so cute.  He found his first (hiding between the couch and the bookshelves), then Jayce’s (behind a plant on the kitchen counter), then Mommy’s (in the closet), and then Daddy’s (in his lunchbox on top of the fridge.)  And then when we left for church he put them all “back.”  It was so cute that he thought that’s where they went now.  ;)  After Church we had lunch and an Egg Hunt in the backyard.  I split the yard up and told Riley that all the eggs on the deck and patio were Jayce’s, and all the ones in the grass and playset were his.  (thankfully, he thought this was the coolest thing ever!  But Jayce did really great!  It only took him a couple eggs to get the idea of putting them in the basket.  He was hesitant to let it go the first time, until he saw that there were more I think!!  By the end he was carrying his basket himself and pointing out all the eggs!  He was so cute!  Riley had a blast climbing all over the playset hunting for eggs.  He’s a old pro at this now and found almost all of them on his own without any direction!  Here’s some pics from today:

 
Oh, and one more Easter Tidbit: Jayce LOVES jelly beans.  This kid has got quite the sweet tooth, and days like today are filled with major mood swings – sheer delight when he gets some candy, and ear piercing screams the second he runs out and realizes that he’s not getting any more!  I think I’ll break out the earplugs tomorrow!! 

Other things we’ve been up to – oh my goodness where to start!!! 
Playing outside!  The weather has been so nice!  We’ve spent almost everyday outside at some point.  


Although there were a few chilly days last week.  So I decided to catch up on some indoor projects that I have been wanting to do.  Throughout March Ace Hardware was giving away free quarts of paint on Saturdays.  After helping my Friend Cathy do a mural in her boys bedroom . . . 
 
I decided to get me some free paint too and start on the sea turtle theme for the boys bathroom.  So we ended up with 3 quarts of paint (all free!!)  and I printed of some stenciled sea turtles to project onto the wall.  I spent one whole day painting three walls the lighter blue (and amazingly I used less than 1 quart!!)  Then, Cathy came over and helped me figure out where to place the turtles on the wall (she was such a livesaver and I owe the design to her creative eye!!)  Then we got to tracing!  That day (with her help) I got the turtles traced, painted and the fourth wall almost entirely painted in the darker blue.  I haven’t taken any pictures of the finished product . . . because it’s not quite finished – I still have some touchups to do and some trim work, and the dreaded “painting around the toilet!” But here’s the before pic and the light blue color.  I’ll post a finished pic next time, because I’m planning to finish it this week . . . keyword here is planning!!
 
Saturday though, we spent the morning cleaning carpets.  Yeah, Fun, I know.  (can you hear the sarcasm!)  But it was well needed!!  Not only because we hadn’t done it in at least 2 years and we were overdue, but because Friday Piper had a potty issue and peed all over the downstairs.  I mean, not just peed in one spot – it was like she was pacing while peeing (probably because she knew how wrong it was!) so it went ALL OVER the downstairs.  So, Cam went out late Friday night and bought a carpet cleaner  - we’ve been meaning to invest in one anyways, and we spent the morning scrubbing down the carpets.  It worked out nicely because we had the whole morning free, and shopping and a birthday party to go to later that day.  So we added dinner out and by the time we got home the carpets were almost completely dry!  And they look, feel and SMELL WONDERFUL!!!  I’m so happy!  It’s like a brand new house!  We also took out the futon from downstairs.  So no more big smelly couch for the dogs!  The mattress is currently outside until we get rid of it and we just took the futon apart and stored it in the basement for now.  I think we will eventually sell it, minus some dents and scratches it’s still in really good shape!  I mean – we live in a college town for goodness sakes, we ought be able to get rid of it for a good price!  But the dogs are certainly missing it!  Until we get some more dog beds (that we can wash easily) they are just laying on the one tiny one and in Mowgli’s crate.  Which looks silly now that we have this huge expanse of a room.  Here, you can see what I mean!
 
And as you can see, we’ve been so busy around here I still haven’t had time to work on the website any.  So I’m saving this post for you to read later.  It seems kinda silly to add upcoming events, but I’m trying to document things like I normally would for the blog so here it goes:  This week is Birthday week!  Grandpa Louie’s Birthday is tomorrow, and my birthday is Thursday.  So Happy Birthday to Us!!  Cam’s got something up his sleeve for me on Thursday, but he won’t tell what it is, just that he’s taken off work to watch the boys.  Hhhhmmmm?  And then on Saturday he is running in a Trail Half-Marathon in Colorado Springs.  So we are going to drive down there and spend the night before the race.  Hopefully after we can do something fun for the boys, like Garden of the Gods or the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo.  We’ll see how much time we have.  And just like that April will be half over!!  Ugh, were does time go!  Hope you all had a Happy Easter!!





No comments: