Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Blog Catch-up 3-23-12

We had a great week this week - unfortunately it was while Daddy was gone.  He decided that he would rather spend his week in meetings in Florida than having fun at home with us!!  hahaha - boy did he make the wrong choice!  ;)

Monday was a lazy day, it was chilly out (50's - average for this time of year, but not at all what we've been used to.)  We took Grandma Wilson's new computer to FedEx to ship it but that was about it.  We staying inside most of the day, and since this was the first day that Daddy was gone by about dinner-time Mommy was DONE!!  It's exhausting entertaining these boys for that long by yourself.  Needless to say that evening I decided to do something for the boys (to entertain them) that I have been wanting to do for a while.  Make a pvc pipe fort!!

  How simple to cut some pvc pipe and throw a blanket over it!  I can do that.  So Monday night I sat down and made some measurements and determined that I could do this by myself with no help from Cameron.  Tuesday Morning 9 am: I load the boys up and head to Lowe's for supplies.  I knew somewhat what I was looking for, and once I found the pvc pipe (in the plumbing dept - duh) it was really simple to get what I needed.  (we won't mention the conversation I had with Riley mid-aisle about his lack of confidence in my ability to "do this without Daddy)  And 30 minutes and $30 later (I got some extra pvc pipe for a couple of other projects) we were headed home.  I got out the sawsall and started measuring out the pipe.  Riley had a blast helping me assemble all the pieces.  I hadn't told him what we were making, and it wasn't until the bottom "cube" part was done that he said "Hey, that looks like a Cave!!"  However, I didn't think too much and we then had to disassemble the 37 1/2 inch wide fort to fit through the doors and get it upstairs to Riley's room!  But we quickly cleared a spot in the tornado disaster he calls a bedroom and set it up.  Add a sheet on top and voila - You have a Fort!!!  We were done by 11:00!!  It was so great!

 
He and Jayce played in it for the rest of the day (I even had to serve lunch in it) and Riley slept in it that night.  I could not of spent a better $30 to keep them that entertained!!  And on top of that - it was a livesaver for Wednesday too!!

On Wednesday I got the pleasure (and no there's no sarcastic tone to my voice here) of watching our buddies across the street.  Greg and Jaxon came over before 7 and stayed until just before dinner time while their Mom and Dad were working.  And once again . . . Super-Fort to the Rescue!!!  They (all 4 boys) spent the entire morning in the fort, having a blast!!!  There was almost no fighting, bickering, or hurt feelings.  Of course with the weather warming up we spent the majority of the afternoon in the backyard or at the neighborhood playground, but we still had a great day playing with friends.  I love that Riley and Greg play together so nicely - taking turns without any prompting, sharing, Riley is even great at asking Greg if he wants something that he's getting like a drink of water.  They are so great together!  I hope Jaxon and Jayce (and even the newest little one on the way) will be the same way.  Here's some pictures of our day with Greg and Jaxon:

 
Thrusday was another lazy day.  I did have a meeting at the church.  I've joined the VBS decorating committee so we were brainstorming ideas.  Which I may say I'm pretty excited for.  I'll have to take lots of pictures.  Jan (the children's director at church, and a good friend of mine) always does a great job at going-all-out to make VBS a fun, exciting, and welcoming place for the kids.  Thursday evening was a little rougher.  Mommy was tired and ready for Daddy to come home, but the boys were just as wound up as ever!  So tonight Mommy is taking the night off!!  Daddy came home late last night, and I told him that he gets to spend some quality time with his boys tonight . . . while Mommy goes out!!!

One more thing.  This morning we got some pictures taken at JCPenney's.  I wasn't really happy with Jayce's one-year pictures, and Riley's birthday is coming up, so I decided to get some pictures taken of the boys.  We just got some cute Easter clothes, so it was a perfect time.  I'll get the links up so you can all see them when I get them.  And as usual, some of you will be getting prints in the mail.

Here's a funny video I just have to share!  At the grocery yesterday I was helping out the Easter Bunny and getting some candy, we'll there are some people in our house that LOVE Peeps more than others, so we got some to eat before Easter.  I gave Riley some and thought with Jayce's sweet tooth he would love some too.  I was Right!!  Well, just see for yourself.  He was walking around eating it the whole time going . . . Mmmmm . . . .MMMMmmmm . . . MMMMMMMM!!!!


 And speaking of Easter . . . I'll leave you with a picture of the cutest little Easter Bunny.  I made this hat for my store and it was just too cute, I had to snap a couple quick pics of Jayce!!  Enjoy!

No comments: