Sunday, January 08, 2012

Fun in the snow

Just thought I would share with you guys some of the things we've been up to the last couple days!  This week we have been cleaning out our basement, getting ready to finish it (one of my goals for 2012).  It's been a big project.  Our Basement (like I'm sure so many other people's is) has become "that place to put things that have no other place."  Everything from storage for old toys, baby stuff and Christmas stuff, to food storage, misc. junk, camping stuff, summer stuff, and anything else that we don't know what to do with.  Anyways, we've spend the last couple weeks organizing it, trying to consolidate boxes into same size plastic bins and in the process have made MANY trips to goodwill and the recycle center (for cardboard boxes).  Well, all but one box.  This one has become the boys "cave".  It's so cute.  Cam cut a door in one side and later I poked holes in the top and stuck in some old Christmas lights.  They have had a blast playing in it.  Once again I find myself baffled at why I spent so much on toys at Christmas, because I think they have played with this box more than anything else! 

Another fun item - Ball Pit Balls from Aunt Anna, and a pack n play!  They stay contained and entertained, I can shower in peace!  It's Brilliant!!!  Not too mention that my pack n play is getting use beyond the normal "baby" timespan. 

Then today we headed up the Poudre Canyon to do some snowshoeing.  We took sleds for the boys.  Riley walked quite a bit, I was proud of him.  But Jayce screamed for probably the first 20 min. straight.  Then he figured that he wasn't getting out and stopped . . . as long as we kept moving.  Which meant no stopping for Mommy.  This is the same Mommy who is VERY out of shape and trying to hike in snowshoes while pulling a sled.  Needless to say, we didn't go very far.  Mommy couldn't cut it . . . time to get back in shape!!  Riley had a good time though.
Eating snow

What did you stop for!
beautiful day
Moon rising on our way home
Beautiful sunset, our view of Long's Peak on the way home
Such a clear day we could see all the way to Pike's Peak!!

 Some other notes on Jayce.  He is growing up so fast!!  I know big surprise!!!  His new favorite thing to do is give kisses - which I just LOVE!!!  He won't do it when you want him to, only on his own terms, but it's so cute when he does.  He clicks his tongue and then mashes his face into yours!  Sometimes he'll stick out his bottom lip, like he's pouting, other times he'll have his slobbery mouth hanging open ready to share all those germs with you!  ;)  It's a kiss only a mother could love, and boy do I!!  Riley was never a "kisser" and still isn't, so I'm hoping that this will continue with Jayce.  I also think he's hit a growth spurt the last few weeks, he's finally starting to fit into some of Riley's old 12 month clothes.  Which makes sense, because this boy has been eating us out of house and home the last few weeks!!!  I'm already dreading what my food bill is going to look like in 10 years.  Time to start doing some extreme couponing!!!  lol.

And I've got some Crochet Items to show off!!!  I finished the Steelers hat . . . but don't worry, I'm working on a Colts one for Riley to even it out.  And I guess I can root for the Steelers today since they are playing the Broncos, and I'm so sick of hearing about the broncos and Tim Tebow this season that I'm ready for their season to be over!!!  So, Go Steelers!!!  haha.  I did a couple more gift items, but one is a birthday present for my mom, and I think the other two read my blog so I probably won't post up pics of those for a few more weeks. 

I forgot to mention the changes to the blog - mostly the pictures.  Kodak came out with a new "Sharing Site".  So instead of me posting links to each and every one of the albums I want to share, I can just add them to the site and then anyone with the link can see it.  So Check out the top if you want to see pictures!  I have almost every album in Kodak that I've made on there, special events, monthly ones, etc.  So you can see pictures all the way back before Riley was born!  Enjoy!!  I'm trying to figure something out like that for the videos, so look for that coming soon too.  Have a great week everyone! 

No comments: