Saturday, October 15, 2011

Anderson's Patchwork Pumpkins

Fall is Finally here!!  After such a hot summer, and hot start to the fall the cooler weather is starting to arrive.  I've been cooking comfort food all week: Sausage & Shrimp Gumbo, Chili, Meatloaf, green bean Casseroles, and tonight I'm thinking good ole' chicken pot pie!!  Yum!!  Although today was another warm day, in the 80's, I think this may be the end of the warm weather.  So, we took advantage of it today and headed to the pumpkin patch!!  There's a great one just down the road from us (one advantage of living out in BFE!!) called Anderson's Patchwork Pumpkins.  We've gone there just about every year since we've lived here and we love it!  This year Daddy went with us so we went out to the patches and picked our own pumpkins.  Riley loved seeing all the different kinds! 

Anderson's does have a patchwork of pumpkins: orange ones of all different sizes and shapes, but also more differnt kinds of gourds than you can imagine along with green pumpkins, and red ones, and white ones, and yellow ones!  It's so cool to see the variety in the patches.  I actually bought a white one this year.  I've wanted to for a long time, just haven't had the gumption to do it!  So with Cam's extra hands to help this year, I said I'm doing it!!!  And I'm so glad I did!  I can't wait to carve it!!

Here's some pictures from our trip today:












This week has been another busy week for us.  A few playdates, lots of errands, and some Fun Mommy Time for ME!!  Yesterday we went to city park again with Kelty, Keen and my friend Mollie.  Riley and Kelty get along pretty well (for being 4 year old first borns of opposite gender!)  and Riley loves having a buddy to play with on the playground!  Keen is so cute!  He's only 22 mo. and complete opposite personalities from Kelty and Riley so he's really good at doing his own thing.  I think he and Jayce will get along well as they get older.  Baby Charley didn't come with us though :(, she stayed home with her Daddy to give Mommy a break.  I got to see her though and she is so beautiful!  Just over a month old.  So precious. 

On Tuesday I took Riley to a Mother's Day Out daycare at the local United Methodist Church.  He had a blast!!  He keeps calling it "4-year-old school" and I know it make him feel special to take a lunch and have a hook for his jacket, etc.  I think I'm going to be taking advantage of that more often - expecially after Jayce turns one and can go too!!!  Then on Wednesday Night I had a book club at church, so Cam watched the boys, and also on Thursday night while I ran some errands, and again on Friday Night so I could go to a 31 party!!  So the boys had LOTS of Daddy time this week, and Mommy got LOTS of "me" time.  It was great!!  I certainly won't be doing this every week, but it was nice to get some time to myself.  Thank you Daddy!!

Next week is kinda a relaxed week (at least so far) so I'm hoping we'll get to stay home and work on cleaning out the basement.  We are trying to clean it up (and eventually out) so that we can finish it.  We aren't sure if we are going to do it slowly by ourselves (well, Cameron mostly) or hire someone to do it and just get it done.  but either way we want to have it cleaned up so that we can at least get started soon and utilize the space this winter.  We've got some ideas on what we want to do, and if it works it will be a great play area for the boys (and Mommy!!)  Guess I better get some "before pictures" before we get too far on it!  hahaha 

No comments: