Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Happy New Year!!

Wow!!  Is it really 2011 already!!!  It's hard to believe that this year has flown by so quickly!  So much has changed for our family this year. 

Well, an update on how things are going for us - GREAT!!!  New Years Eve wasn't anything special for us.  None of us even stayed up to celebrate!  Cameron worked a long day on Friday, and had another long day on Saturday so he was first to bed!!  Riley was soon behind him (after not taking much of a nap during the day and turning into a grouch as the night wore on), and then Jayce and I.  Although I think the order went Me, then Jayce!!  This boy fights sleep like it were a evil monster!!  Once we can get him to sleep he sleeps like a Champ!  It's getting to that point that's the trouble.  While I'm on the subject, I'll talk a little about Jayce and his habits now.  He's doing great at night, again once we get him to sleep.  It usually takes about an hour to get him asleep enough that I can put him in his crib for the night, and NEVER before 10:00 - no matter how early I start.  Which makes it difficult since Riley and Cam are usually in bed asleep by 8:30.  But once he's asleep, Jayce takes on 4-5 hour shifts.  He usually wakes up to eat sometime between 12:30 and 2 (depending on his last feeding) and then again between 4 and 6 (again depending on the last time he woke).  Getting him back to sleep after eating at night has been easy so far (I'm knocking on wood right now so that I don't jinx it!!) and so between 10 at night and 8 in the morning I've been able to get around 7-8 hours of sleep!!! (again you can't see me, but I'm knocking on wood!!)  Thankfully Riley has been great at staying in his room and playing (or sleeping) until around 7, 7:30 in the morning, allowing Mommy those few extra minutes of sleep.  In fact the last few mornings I've woken up to him laying in bed playing next to me, having no idea how long he's been there!! 

We are still dealing with some jealousy issues between the boys.  I think it will probably last until Jayce is old enough to play with Riley rather than just take up all of Mommy's time!  But Riley is always the first one to tell me (repeatedly some times) if Jayce is crying, or pooped, or spit-up, etc.  So he definitely watches out for his little brother!  And Jayce definitely wants to be in on the action.  He's not one for laying down - Literally!!!  This boy doesn't like laying, he wants to be sitting up and looking around - Which isn't easy for someone too little to hold his head up!  It makes for an exhausted Mommy or Daddy who has to hold him up all the time to keep him happy.  But I'm sure once he's big enough he'll give Riley a run for his money!!

Not a whole lot going on around here.  Today we start getting meals from members at my church to help out after new baby.  We are so grateful!!  This will be a big help in me keeping my sanity if I don't have to plan a meal every single day!  They come three times a week, for three weeks - A HUGE Help!!  And next week we start back to MOPS.  I'm ready to have an excuse to get out of the house every once in a while.  Also, Riley is doing Swim Lessons again this winter.  They start on Valentine's Day and go through the second week in March.  It will be good to get him busy with something that will wear him out again!  Other than that we are just hanging out at home.  I like being able to take things slow and enjoy time with my boys!  (Although I have to admit I'm looking forward to spring and warm weather already - It's hard being cooped up indoors with a 3 1/2 year old with THIS level of energy!  I'm hoping for a couple of 50-60 degree days soon, or else we may have to make a couple more trips to the Bounce place!!! 

Our Computer is FINALLY up and running!!!  We are still in the process of transferring over our old files, and when that's done the old computer will be Riley's.  He's so excited to play his Computer games that he got for Christmas!!  And I'm Excited to get the downstairs cleaned up of all the misc. boxes!!  Once the old desk is out of the way I can get to my scrapbooking table again.  I'm still so far behind - only a couple of days into our China Trip that we took nearly two years ago!  Ug!! 

Well, have a good week everyone, and sorry for the lack of pictures.  My days right now are spent with Jayce in one hand, and Riley pulling on the other - very little space for a camera!!  I'll try to be better in the next couple weeks!! 

No comments: