Sunday, July 05, 2009

4th of July Fun!!

I hope everyone had a happy and safe July 4th!!! We had a blast!!! hahaha!!! Mommy had to work during the day, but she was able to get off early. That's because it started raining really hard about 2:00 and she was stuck out on trail. She got soaked to the bone, and her boss told her if everyone left because of the storms that she could go home too!!! So she did, and she dried off and we had a BBQ (inside though cuz of the rain!). Daddy made Brats and corn on the cob, it was so yummy, I LOVE CORN ON THE COB!!! It's so fun to eat!!
Then we went out in the rain and tried to let off some fireworks. Mommy and I took shelter in the garage and Daddy did some smoke bombs and other little stuff in the driveway. I even got to do a sparkler!!! My first one!! those are so cool, I love staring at the flashy parts!
Then the rain finally stopped, and we had the most beautiful rainbow!! It was so big, and even became a double rainbow!! Since the rain stopped, we decided to go to Windsor for the Fireworks Show over the lake. It was very pretty!! There were lots of big booms!! Not to shabby for a small town!! We had great seats too, right across the lake.
After that we went home and let off MORE fireworks!! Daddy saved all the big ones until then, it was really loud!! Mommy had to hold my ears for some of them! It was so exciting!! Mommy and Daddy let me stay up really late!! I was up until almost 11 o'clock!!! Can you believe it!! (Mommy says that's partly because I took a longer and later nap than usual too) I had so much fun, I think the 4th of July is my new favorite Holiday!! (at least until Halloween and Christmas roll around again!!)

1 comment:

Erin said...

Hey, it rained here too, but NEVER let up. Those are some very pretty pictures of the rainbow and fireworks over the water. Glad you had a good time!