Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Hi everyone! Things are just starting to get back to normal again! I took some pictures of some of the things we brought back from China, and those (with the pictures of the Easter Egg Hunt at Grandma Louie's) make up the April album at the top. We didn't get to many other ones. Things are starting to green up around here. We spent the weekend planting lovely flowers that I got early for Mother's Day. Riley even potted a pansy for me!! So cute! And since he knew how to plant so well he wanted to help us this weekend! We planted some flower boxes that hang on our railing out front and 2 Ponderosa Pine trees in back that I have been growing inside from seeds for the last year and a half.
Riley and I went to our last MOPS meeting this week. It was a Spa Day for the Moms, and wonderful! I got a massage and did a parafin wax treatment on my hands. There were lots other things too, but I was also manning the Mary Kay Facial/Color table. It was a much needed treat! Thankfully they will have some park play dates throughout the summer. We are both looking forward to those so we can keep in touch with the friends we've made!
Last week at work I got to "play with" 3 more rattlesnakes! There was a horseback rider that encountered 2 on her trip, so I helped moved those off the trail and then saw another one later in my hike. The 2009 season is getting ready to start. We had a training day last weekend, and have a "team building" event this Friday, with a BBQ. Since we came back from the trip I have learned not to leave the house in the morning with my uniform on. Riley has developed some slight separation anxiety (can you blame him!) and becomes quite a pill if he sees it and knows that I'm leaving.
Not much else going on. We are still trying to figure out what we want to do for his Birthday. (I can't believe he's going to be 2!!) I think I'm leaning towards a "Cowboy" theme, but since we don't have any family coming out to visit this year it may just be us and the family across the street. If that's the case we may skip the themed party this year!! (However, I'm already planning his birthday for next year: Race Cars - because his birthday falls on Memorial Day!)
Have a good week everyone!

No comments: