Sunday, February 01, 2009

New Toy, New Job

Daddy's Friend at his work gave me one of her son's old toys this week, and I love it!! I wouldn't let it out of my sight for nearly three days!! In fact, I screamed the night I got it because I wanted to take it to bed with me, and then the next morning Mommy had a meeting at her work and I carried it on my lap in the car (and took it in with me!) I'm doing better now, I can go almost an hour with out playing with it, or screaming because I want it. But this weekend when Daddy was Vacuuming, I got mine and helped him!! I went downstairs with him and upstairs with him!! It was so much fun helping Daddy!! The best part is the vacuum is the same as Mommy and Daddy's (except theirs is green not red, and theirs has dirt in it where mine has pretty balls that spin around!)

Mommy wants me to tell you about her meeting at work this week. Apparently the Larimer County Department of Natural Resources is getting re-organized (whatever that means!!) So she has been moved to the Open Lands Division instead of the Parks Division. That happened because Horsetooth Mountain Park (where she works) has been moved and is Now Horsetooth Mountain Open Space. Which doesn't mean a whole lot except now the rangers will be focusing on resource protection and not as much on visitor experience (at least that's what Mommy says!) Also that means that she is in charge of ALL the Larimer County Open Spaces, not just Horsetooth. So starting March 1 (when all this goes into effect) she will be patrolling the entire Larimer County, from Devil's Backbone in Loveland to Red Mountain up at the Wyoming Border!! She is very excited, because she really wanted to work at Red Mountain, and now she gest too (along with all of the other open spaces!!) She works with 4 other people, and all of her bosses have changed too. Plus she has to go through a lot more training since she will be driving a lot (how to handle things that she encounters on the road like accidents, and medicals in the backcountry up to an hour away from ambulance help). But overall she's really excited!! So that means she will only spend this month sitting in the gatehouse, then it's back to patrolling the trails!! Yeah!! Well, it's time for me to go to bed. Have a Happy Groundhog's day tomorrow!! (I wonder how much longer winter will last . . . )

1 comment:

Erin said...

Wow, your job sounds amazing! But scary to have to handle those medical emergencies in the middle of nowhere! Good luck to you!

I completely forgot about Groundhog's Day, although Brooke did mention about it on Friday. I guess they were talking about it at school. She was very intrigued by a groundhog that sees his shadow. We're hoping he DEFINITELY sees his shadow cause we're ready for spring!!