Sunday, July 14, 2013

June Catch up

Wow, I have a lot of catching up to do!!!  June was suck a fun and busy month, the end of it especially.  I had something written down to do on our calendar almost every day the last two weeks.  Crazy!

On the 20th, I had my first dental cleaning in 12 years.  Yup, 12 years!!!  The last time I saw a dentist was when I had my wisdom teeth out the spring before Cameron and I were married.  So I was overdue!!  I had an appointment last month to determine "how long the cleaning would take".  Apparently they do a check-up like that beforehand if it's been more than 2 years since you've had a cleaning.  (probably a good idea).  But, I was really lucky!!!!  I only had three cavities, two of them still really small, that it took x-rays for him to identify them.  He was really surprised that it had been so long because of how healthy my mouth was.  ;)  I was super excited to hear that!!  I was really nervous.  But I got my three cavities filled, and all the buildup scraped off my teeth and they are bright and shining again!!

The 22nd was Amara's Half-Birthday!!!  Happy 6months baby girl!!I took a few pictures to commemorate it.

Then that night we went to the drive-in to see the new Superman movie.  It was really good.  A little more violent than I had hoped, but more mellow than the rest of the superhero movies out now.  The boys had a blast, and of course passed out before the movie was over.  I made them some new "movie bags" for these kinda things and they were a big hit.  I let them pick out some fleece prints they wanted and then we did a tie-blanket version of a sleeping bag.   Riley picked motorcycles, and Jayce did sock monkeys (mommy encouraged that pick a little!) So easy and perfect for drive-in movies!
Amara wanted to play on the Kindle too!
 
We also had an AWESOME park play date with MOPS.  It was at one of our favorite parks, Fossil Creek Park.  Cam and I lived in the condos just behind the park before kiddos, and we used to take the dogs to the doggie park there often.  Now the kiddo's love it because of all the great playthings (and the small splash park).  It was a fun and exhausting day for all!
So proud of himself for making it to the top!

Later that week I got a very special visit from my Aunt Elaine and cousin Carrie.  They live all the way in North Carolina, and have been very loving to stop and see us a couple of times now on their road trips out west.  We didn't get to chat long with their fun-filled/jam-packed schedule, but it was nice to catch up with them, and see some of the things my fellow left-handed crocheting cousin is making!  ;)

After that it was all packing and driving to Indy.  I'll go through all that in the next post.  


No comments: