Sunday, November 18, 2012

Girl Stuff

So I know you all are anxious to know . . . What are we going to name this Baby Girl?  Well, I'm happy to announce that we've decided!  It took a lot of back and forth, and a LOT of compromise, but we have decided to name her Amara.  I personally love the sound of it, one of my friends said it sounds like a princess's name, and I agree.  And this little one is definitely going to be the Princess of the house!!  ;)  Or maybe the queen who rules over her big brothers!! 

So, once we narrowed down the first name, we turned to Grandpa Louie to help us find a Chinese name for her middle name, just like the boys.  Again, a lot of back and forth trying to find something that wasn't too hard sounding for her soft first name.  The one we like the best is Meilee (pronounced may-lee), it means Beautiful.  So our little girl's name will be:

Amara Meilee Louie. 

It's quite a mouthful when you say it all together . . . but how often do you really say someone's Full Name?  And the two together mean Eternal Beauty, which I really like.  So that's that!  We did it!  We finally agreed on a name!!  ;)  And now that the bunkbeds are done, we just have to paint her room pink and get it ready for her.  Ugh, more to do!

In other baby news, two of my VERY GOOD friends threw a baby shower for me and Amara this weekend.  It was so fun to relax and talk babies with a few of my closest girlfriends, eat yummy treats and sweets, and make hairbows for Amara.  Lacey gave me an adorable frame with ribbons in it to hold hair clips, so all the girls made hair clips and bows to fill it - and they did fill it!!  It's great!  I can't wait to find the perfect place to hang it and put them all to use!!  I'll have to get some of the pictures from Lacey or Cathy to share with you, Amara now has even more cute clothes to wear!  Adorable little pink dresses, little blazer outfits, pink and purple onesies, books especially for girls, and MORE!  Although I have to admit, I think my favorite gift came from my new friend Trista (see previous post).  Trista owns her own business too, sewing dresses and bowties for little girls and boys.  I had already bought a dress from Trista and I absolutely LOVE it, but then for the shower she had made something special for me.  Two bowties and one matching headband bow.  They are made out of pink gingham and SO CUTE!!!  So Amara has a super cute pink bow headband, and the boys have matching bow ties!  How cute is that!!  I can't wait to get pictures of them all together! 

Things are starting to fall into place for this little princess!  We are hoping to get started on her room this week.  Cam has a busy work schedule over the holiday, and will at the very least be working this weekend.  So hopefully we can get as much accomplished as possible during the weekday evenings.  After this weekend though it's just get the Christmas Tree, finish up a little bit of shopping, and Wait for her to Arrive!!  We are so Excited!!  Stay Tuned!!  And have a Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!

No comments: