Monday, October 22, 2012

Pre-Vacation Updates



Well the dresser is complete!  It was certainly a pain in the butt, but it’s all done now!  Here’s a picture of the finished product (yes I know it’s missing a knob, we had to exchange it for the right one and I was too impatient to wait another day to get a picture.)

October is also the month of birthdays around here!  We have a couple of very close friends, with very close birthdays!  Greg turned 5 and Ryder turned 2 this year.  Ironically, both had their parties at Jumpin’ – the indoor bounce place, Just a day apart!  Lol, so Riley and Jayce got to go Bounce 2 nights in a row!  It was crazy fun!  They both had a blast playing with their friends, and Mommy and Daddy were glad to get out some pent up energy. 
However, not too long after our fabulous excusions, we all got sick.  Cam seems to think it came from Jumpin’ and all the germs floating around (quite possible), but considering Riley (the first to get sick) threw up only hours after leaving Jumpin’ the first time, I doubt it worked that quickly.  Riley got sick first, In Cam’s Car (I’ll tell the ER story in a few).  Then a couple days later Jayce came down with it, then Mommy and Daddy at the same time.  It was a quick illness for the boys, throw up once before bed, sleep through the night and by the next morning they are all better, eating normally, and back to themselves.  Mommy and Daddy weren’t so lucky.  Daddy just spent a good day and a half feeling really crummy . . . Mommy is the one who spent the majority of the two and a half days she was sick in the bathroom.  It definitely took a toll on me!  I don’t know if it was so much harsher because I am pregnant, or I had just gotten a flu shot and my immune system was lacking already or what.  But this one was a doosey for me.  I’m just thankful that we all got it out of our system before vacation. 
Oh yeah, we did have to make a trip to the ER though.  The night that Riley got sick, Jayce had gone shopping with Daddy while I took Riley to the Birthday Party.  He was swinging him by his arms to keep him entertained, and apparently dislocated his elbow.  From the sound of it it’s fairly common in children his age, and was a quick fix, but at 9:00 at night the only dr. available to pop it back in was the ER Doc.  Yuck!  So I loaded him up and headed out (after we had loaded everyone in Daddy’s new car and Riley puked all over the back seat!)  But we were home in about an hour and a half.  The fastest ER visit I have ever had!!!  Like a said, a quick fix. 
The only Other thing to share before I get into Vacation is our new firepit!  It is so nice!  We had a Cabela’s gift card hanging around, and just have never gotten around to using it, so we got a firepit that we’ve had our eyes on for a while.  Everyone loves it!  We’ve used it twice already in the last few weeks, and it’s been great.  Roasting Marshmallows, warming up outside on a cool night!  So fun!  The boys love it, Cam loves playing in the fire (must be where Riley gets it from!!), and I love just spending time with them all!  Here’s a few pics from our first Mallow-Roast:


No comments: