Thursday, September 20, 2012

Baby Stuff and clearing out

Hello again!  Thought I should post again before I hit my two week mark!!  I'm really trying to do better. . . I just have to schedule it in!  Things are still really busy for us, well, me mostly.  But before I get to all that I wanted to make sure I shared a picture: 

This is me at 24 weeks . . . yes, I know, I'm 26 weeks now, so I'm a few weeks behind in posting it - but I got it up!!!  And right now that's progress!!  So yes, I'm getting bigger, and bigger, and bigger!!  I compared this picture to the one I took at 25 weeks pregnant with Jayce and believe it or not I'm bigger now than I was at this same point with Jayce.  You can also tell the difference (when you compare side-by-side) how much higher I'm carrying this time.  They say that's true of girls, and the difference is slight (and it doesn't FEEL that way at all) but I can see the difference!  She seems to be doing great, moving around a lot, and has a pretty good schedule.  This pregnancy is very similar to Riley's (I'm hoping that's a sign she will be easier than Jayce has been), and she even seems to keep the same schedule as he did - moving here and there in the morning, but mostly at meal times and in the evening.  I always joke with Cameron when she starts going bonkers at night saying "it must be 9 o'clock!"  It's nice to have that predictability. 

We are still chipping away at the forever-long to-do-list to finish before she gets here.  Last weekend we started working on the basement.  Cam got us some carpet scraps, enough to cover nearly the entire basement!!  YAY!!  So carpet is down and things are getting organized . . . slowly.  He's been working his butt of doing things for me, so we haven't gotten completely done yet, but it shouldn't bee too much longer.  Just having the boys pick up all the toys they have dumped out already so we can organize them and move the rest of the toys down, and clear stuff that isn't used regularly out of the way and we'll be all done!!  It's not the prettiest by anymeans, but it's functional!! 

I also started on Phase Two of Jayce's bedroom transition.  I spend ALL MORNING!!!! cleaning Riley's room on Tuesday.  I'm talking HOURS!!!  picking things up, moving toys downstairs, scrubbing walls, clearing out the closet so there's room for Jayce, etc.  So we could move Jayce in today if we wanted . . . but I think we'll wait until this weekend.  Probably Friday night we'll move his crib over.  That will give him a few weeks to get used to the idea of a new room while Cam is building the bunk beds.  I also cleaned out Jayce's current closet too.  We got (free) a BUNCH of girl's clothes from a friend (yay!!!) so I cleaned out all of the plastic tubs with boys clothes and made them girl's clothes.  So all of Jayce's clothes are in his dresser now and all I have to do is transfer them over when I finish the new one.  I also took pictures of the boys' rooms all nice and clean so they can remember what it looked like before they shared a room (and so I can use it for demonstration when I say "Clean Your Room!!!")  So here's the "before" pictures of the boy's rooms. 

And yes, I'm going to paint over all the Monkeys too!!  I know, that's almost as devastating for me as painting over the dragon!  I may have to get a picture of Jayce next to some of them to frame before they disappear forever.  But I'm so excited to be painting pink and Cherry Blossoms that I haven't really stopped to dwell on that fact a ton. 

Other than that I've just been working on my crochet orders.  Still working on those, but I should be able to finish this weekend or early next week.  Then I think I'm gonna take a few weeks off to let my "hands rest".  lol.  It has definitely been fun, and I've learned a lot doing this latest batch of orders, I'm just due for a break with everything else going on.  I've been working so hard to not "lose my business"  this year in light of everything else that has come up, and for the first time I feel comfortable taking time away without the threat of it never starting back up again.  I really enjoy this adventure, and now that I know it's actually going somewhere it will be easy to keep it afloat and still take some time away for baby later this year.  I do want to share a cute hat I made for a friend.  I like doing these helmet hats (some are difficult, others I have down pat), and this one turned out especially good, at least I think so!  It helps that it's baby-sized, unlike the child/youth sized ones I've been making lately, cuz everything that tiny is cute - right! 

And this is another project I'm proud of.  A friend has a new nephew named Calvin, and she had looked everywhere for a "Hobbes" for him.  So she enlisted me to make one since she hadn't been able to find one to buy.  I'm not thrilled with how he turned out - the perfectionist in me - because he doesn't look enough like Hobbes, but I am proud that I stuck with him and finished him.  I've only attempted an amigurumi one other time, and even then I didn't finish because I was so overwhelmed.  (Riley is still waiting for his "Monster", ugh).  But I did really good at keeping with this one and not giving up.  And now, of course, I feel more comfortable taking on projects like this in the future.  Maybe not necessarily ones as intricate as Hobbes here, but still, I'm branching out!!  Yay ME!! 

And as if all that isn't enough, I joined a Bible Study with my friend Cathy for this fall.  It's a Beth Moore Bible Study, so I'm really excited . . .I've heard so many good things about Beth Moore's studies.  And I really think that with all I have on my plate right now I need to keep God as a priority.  That's something I am constantly struggling with, and so now that I have signed up...paid for my book, and have a friend to keep me accountable, it should be easier to do.  Now I just have to keep up with the homework!  lol ;) 

Check back in soon, I'll try to get some finished pictures of the basement up, and some of Jayce when we move him into Riley's room.  And I'll try to be better about getting pictures of the boys too . . . I realized that today when I was uploading pictures - it's already September 20th, and I only have like 3 pictures of them!!  Oh - that reminds me though!!  A friend of mine is taking some Maternity pictures for me next weekend, so I will get some pictures of the boys!!  We have haircuts all next week scheduled, and I need to go shopping for some matching outfits.  She's an excellent photographer, just starting out, pregnant herself, and God Bless Her - she offered to do these photos a whole 4 days before her due date!!  Yeah, she's a little nuts!  ;)  Can't wait to share those with you all!!! 

No comments: