Thursday, August 16, 2012

Pool Time, MOPS Convention

Ok, I know I said I would be better at posting . . . sorry!  It's just been so crazy and all my spare time has been spent preparing for my booth this weekend.  I'm so excited!!  I've been working my butt off to get everything finished, and I'm almost there.  A few more headbands, and maybe a wreath or two, if time allows.  I'll be sure to take plenty of pictures to show everyone who can't stop by and see it for themselves. 

But we've also been busy with other things!  A few weeks ago, ! got to teach Sunday School with my good friend/MOPS Mentor Mom, Sharon.  It was fun, and Riley was able to stay in the classroom with me.  Here's a few pictures from our time together:


Sunday was also the Larimer County Fair.  It's not as great as the county fairs back home, but we always try to at least stop by and check it out.  This years favorites: the Trains, The Tractors, and the Dirt Bike Trials Demo.  Jayce liked all the animals.  He's definitely not as scared of them as Riley was at that age, and was eager to get close and even pet some of them.  However, Riley still wouldn't even stand close enough for a picture!  Oh Well. 


Then on Tuesday we took one last trip to City Park Pool.  It was hot and the water was cool!  To give his Mommy a break, we took Greg along with us.  He and Riley had so much fun going down the slide . . . it was hard to pull them away after lunch! 

Then Wednesday we had our Ultrasound to Check out the new baby!!!  You can read all about that below. 

Thursday I headed out to my annual MOPS Convention.  This year it was in Dallas, and oh boy am I glad the whole thing was indoors!!!  Dallas is YUCKY this time of year.  Overall, the convention was a good time, however this year definitely had it's ups and downs.  A few good workshops, a few not so good.  Most of the General Sessions were uplifting and energizing as expected, with the last one ending on a not so uplifting note.  And the Concerts were fun and loud - minus a few depressing songs at the end.  But like I said overall a good time.  Our steering team is small this year, so all 4 of us got to go.  It was a great bonding time for our group, and we got a lot of planning done at the end.  I think we're almost ready for this year to start!  Ok, not completely ready . . . give us a few more weeks!!  lol  I'm really looking forward to this year and the chance to lay back a little and enjoy it! 

Well, I better get going - today is Riley's First Day of Kindergarten!!!  I can't believe he's so big already!  Not sure if I'll cry yet . . . guess we'll see in a few hours!  He's super excited.  We went to see his teacher, Mrs. Carlstrom yesterday and he seemed right at home in the classroom.  So many changes happening all at once!  Hopefully I'll get back on track and get another update early next week with his first day pictures and stuff from the fair this weekend.  Have a good weekend everyone!

No comments: