Tuesday, July 31, 2012

BIke Crashes and New Beds

Alrighty, I think this will be the last post to get me caught up for a little while.  Make sure you scroll down and catch up with all posts I've had to post in bulk! 

After getting home from Indiana we made some major changes with Jayce in regards to sleeping arrangements.  He's never been a good sleeper anywhere other than his crib, so traveling with him is always added stress getting him to sleep and nap regularly.  This time rather than hauling the pop-up tent we got for him to sleep in to Indiana and once again NOT using it, we decided to just leave it at home and let him sleep with us, which is what he usually does anyways.  After the first couple nights of that I decided that Pregnant Mommy has enough sleep issues of not having her maternity pillows without adding toddler in the bed on top of it.  So Jayce got his very own air mattress on the floor next to Mommy and Daddy's pull-out.  He did surprisingly well considering how the tent or anywhere else usually goes, but he did spend the majority of the night sleeping on the floor after rolling off the air mattress.  Oh well, he still slept!! 


Part of my thinking during this process was, we need to transition him to a toddler bed soon anyways, with the baby coming and him just a few months from sharing a room with Riley, so what better time to start than now.  So when we got home I took the side rail off the crib and turned it into the toddler bed like we did with Riley.


Just like Riley he spent the first few nights sleeping on the floor after rolling out of bed.  But by the third night he had learned to climb back up in bed, and now more than a week in, I think he's cured of falling out (at least on a regular basis!)


So Step 1 of bed transformation is complete!!!  YAY!!  Step 2 will come in the next couple Months.  We will move the crib (and all of Jayce's things) into Riley's room, officially moving Jayce into Riley's room to get the nursery ready for baby.  Step 3 will come later, just before baby, or a few weeks after, when the boys get . . . shhhhh!!!! . . . bunk beds for Christmas, and we move the crib back into the nursery for baby.  I found a bunk bed set that I like (Riley's friend Greg got some when his brother Jaxon moved in to make room for their new baby brother Liam) and have decided to get them bunk beds - Since Riley absolutely will NOT stop talking about it now!!  ;)  But recently I found some plans online (have I mentioned how much I LOVE Pinterest!!!) to make your own bunk beds.  I was so excited, since we need a full bed for guests still I wanted a full bed on bottom and a twin on top bunk bed set.  It's been hard to find that, especially in wood, and black to match the room, without spending a fortune!  But these plans are simple, made with basic lumber in a mission style, and will get me the bunk beds I want at a SUPER CHEAP price!!!  YAY!!! 

In other news . . . Riley is all banged up!!  Earlier this week he crashed his bike while riding with Daddy and skinned up his chin, shoulder and knee pretty good.  Then later he fell while playing at Greg's house and added his thumb and elbow to the trauma list.  Of course he's fine, but milking it for all it's worth!!  Little stinker! 


This week I had to forgo crochet items to work on a painting for Lacey and new Baby Liam.  I had promised to make this for her, and was running out of time.  I finally started on it Sunday night, only to have her go into labor and have Liam on Monday!  Talk about Timing!!  So I finished it as quickly as I could and had it ready the day after they got home from the hospital.


I was so happy to be painting again, I always forget how much I miss it, and am looking forward now to doing the baby's nursery, once we find out if I'm painting Blue or Pink!!!  Only a little over a week until we find out . . . and I'm going stir-crazy waiting!!!  I've already got two room ideas picked out (blue dot circles for a boy (see Pinterest for examples) and pink/white/brown cherry blossoms for a girl - the same I've had picked out for years!!!) and I'm itching to get started on them - either of them!!  I guess first I should get started on the changes to Riley's room to make it ready for Jayce though.  With the addition of bunkbeds I'm going to have to paint over the dragon mural - I know, there will be tears at that one!!!  But don't worry, I'm going to re-do it - ON CANVAS so it's transportable!!!  I'm also going to do a tiger one for Jayce to add to the room, to make it more "his" too. 

But I've also got Severance Days coming up and a lot to do to get ready for my Booth.  Things are going good so far, I finished up all the projects I wanted to have done and are just working on a few simple extras.  Now all I have left is the little things, tags for prices/sizes, signage, and I'm currently exploring techniques for stamping my logo on bags.  We'll see how that goes.  A few more purchases of fabric for tablecloths and decor to make my tables "appealing" and I'll be all set!! 

Coming up next week is the ultrasound for the baby . . .Boy or Girl?  You'll have to wait and see!! Then Mommy is leaving for MOPS Convention!!!  Yay, Finally travel without kiddo's!!!  This will be nice, a much needed break!!!  Such an inspiring and uplifting time - I can't wait!  Then the week after Riley starts Kindergarten!  Oh boy . . . can't believe I have a Kindergartener!!  Ugh!  So look for Many More updates throughout the month of August!!  I'll try to be more regular about it!  ;)   Have a good rest of the week everyone!

No comments: