Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Visit From Unkie Rodgie

This weekend we had a fun visit from "Unkie Rodgie" and "Auntie Kathie".  They were very nice to drive all the way out here to see us, with his truck and trailer full of stuff for me!!!  All of the items that I inherited from my mom's house had to get out here someway, and so it was a great excuse for them to come out and see us!!  Thanks Guys!!!  It was a short visit for them, and we wished they would have stayed longer, but they are having fun sightseeing and visiting other friends on the way back.  They got here Saturday, just before lunch.  We spent most of the day Saturday catching up and unloading the truck and trailer.  We took them to a good ol' BBQ dinner at Nordy's in Loveland, and I think they really liked it.  (thank goodness for the fried catfish for non-bbq lovers like Kathie and myself!!!) 

Sunday they went to church with us and got to experience our "The Story" Bible Study Group.  Hopefully they can bring it back to their church with them, because its a great way to walk through the entire Bible.  But before church we took them to Silver Grill Cafe for some Famous Maxie's Cinnamon Roll French Toast, yummy!!  We also played Wii (Their first time) Bowling, and they did really good!!  We played outside with bubbles and got messy (new colored bubbles), and just hung around and chatted.  It was such a nice relaxing visit.  I was bad and didn't get that many photos.  Kathie, you'll have to share with me when you get home.  But here's a few that I did get!  Enjoy. 
Kathie reading yet another story to Riley
Rodger learning to Bowl, Wii Style
Everyone playing Wii
At Nordy's

This week is going to be spent with Mommy doing some catch-up work  (goodness, I always feel like I'm playing catch-up with something!!).  I have to do some catch-up on my website (which I'm hoping to have viewable by the end of the week), clean up and organize all the stuff Rodger and Kathie brought us, and get started organizing Riley's 5th Birthday Party!!  I can't believe he's going to be 5!!!  I promised him a Splash Party, and since this is 5, kinda a big deal, I hope I can make it something special without going overboard too much!!!  I've got some great ideas planned, the only problem is the time around his birthday is a super busy time of year . . . so I'm not even sure when to have it!!!  Ugh!
 Update on Daddy's ankle:  It's getting better!!  The swelling (which reached down to his toes at one point) has receded to just his ankle again, and he went for a run for the first time yesterday.  It hurt him a lot afterwards, but he made it through.  Stretching and strengthening it are the first steps to healing it.  Thankfully, I don't see any races on the schedule until June, so he has a few more weeks until he has to really run on it. 

Not much else going on here.  I'm hoping to get some hiking scheduled in in the next few weeks, I'm getting antsy to get into nature!  Hope everyone is having a great week, ours has been mighty hot here - record highs yesterday!! 

No comments: