Monday, December 26, 2011

Crochet Christmas

Now that everyone has opened their Christmas presents I can share pics of what I made for everyone.  So here is my Crochet Christmas collection! 
Hat for my sister
Scarf for my sister
Floor-sized Checkers set for my niece (complete with checkers and carrying bag)
Purse for my niece (apparently it's perfectly Kindle-shaped!)
Afghan for Rodger and Kathie
Shawl for my sis-in-law
matching placemats for my mother-in-law (I made 4 of these)
"Lacey" fingerless gloves for my niece (used crochet thread here - first and possibly LAST time!)
 
The only Christmas present I didn’t get a picture of was the legwarmers I made for my mom.  So Mom: you have to take a picture of you wearing them and send it to me! 
I also thought I would post some pics of a few other baby hats I made during this time too.  I can’t remember it I have posted these already, so if I have you get to see them again. 

Baby Charley in her zebra hat
Hat for Samuel
Hat for Brett
 
I finished most items in the week I allotted myself (or less).  The afghan, placemats and gloves took the longest.  It was nice to cluster them together - I did a lot of the smaller projects back to back, and then took a break.  I don’t think I’ll be doing an entirely crocheted Christmas again.  It was a lot of work. I will most likely continue to make SOME of the gifts I give, just because I enjoy the task and giving something personalized.  Of course, I guess I could start now on next year’s gifts . . .  ;)

No comments: