Friday, August 12, 2011

MOPS Convention and MORE

Wow . . . has it really been 2 weeks since I update this!  Ugh . . . it's so easy to get behind!!  So, Last week was SUPER busy, getting ready for and leaving for Convention.  And this week was the exact opposite!  (Apparently some fabulously nice person on the airplane decided to share their sickness with me so I've been down and out since I got back on Sunday.)

Anyways, last Tuesday we went to another free day for kids at Centerra.  Riley had a blast as usual.  This time he got a spider painted on his face.
Riding the "mini" train
I want a spider and webs
Wednesday I left for Convention, so the boys went to my friend Cathy's house to spend the night.  Riley had a great time playing with Jackson and Tanner, and thankfully Jayce was a little angel for her!  It was my first time leaving him over night, and I'm proud to say we both did very well!
Ryder and Jayce (only 2 mo. apart)
The "gang" that showed up at the park on Thursday
Tanner, Riley and Jackson - Visiting the Clydesdales
Tanner giving Jayce a bottle
Seth, Jackson and Riley reading bedtime stories

Then on Friday Daddy picked them up and hung out over the rest of the weekend.  On Saturday they went to the Larimer County Fair.  And rumor has it that Jayce wasn't to fond of the animals!!  I was so glad to see them on Sunday when I got home!
This little piggie went wee, wee, wee, all the way home!
My trip to Convention this year was as fantastic as it was last year.  I am so blessed to have such a supportive group of people around me (Cathy and Cameron!!) to allow me to take advantage of this opportunity!  I'm definitely going to take advantage for as long as I can!  I learn so much about being a woman of God . . . but also how to be a better wife, mother, friend, leader, encourager, and more!  I just can't get enough of the things they offer!  And, of course, God knows exactly what guidance I need at that time and that is the workshops that call out to me!  Thank you Lord, for knowing what I need to hear more than I do!  But just as important as all that is going with the group of girls I get to go with.  4 of us went again this year, and none of them were ones I went with last year.  Which was great!!  Spending 4 straight days bonding and getting to know these wonderful women is something I wouldn't trade for anything in the world!  I feel so much closer to these girls now, even though one of them I have known for 3 years now and thought I was already close to!
Jan, Me, Bonnie, Tilan
Some of the highlights from my trip included (but are not limited to): The Beautiful Gaylord Hotel, MANDISA CONCERT, Kathi Lipp (hillarious speaker), Max Lucado, Stephen Curtis Chapman & his wife Mary Beth, Dancing at the Wildhorse Saloon, Cooter's the Dukes of Hazzard Museum, and Dinner with one of my long lost best friends from middle/high school!  Who'd of thunk!  My very good friend Camie is in the process of moving to Nashville and just happened to be signing on her house that very weekend!!  So we were able to have dinner and catch up!  YAY FUN!!
Me, Camie!
But now it's back to the real world!  After a long weekend away, and being cooped up on the couch since returning home, the chores have really been piling up!  Time to tackle them! 

No comments: