Wednesday, August 31, 2011

August comes to an end

WOW, where did this month go!  Time is just flying by so fast!  I know that it's only going to get worse as the boys get older but WOW!! 

Well, let's see, where did I leave off last. . . Last week and this week have been kinda lazy weeks (comparatively).  We haven't been up to much, a few trips to the pool (still in heat wave mode here - it's been high 90's almost all month), one to Rocky Mountain National Park, and some other fun stuff thrown in. 

Cam had a Maintenance Day at work last week, so that means a long day for him . . . and us!  He went in at his usual 5 am but didn't get home until after the boys were in bed (8:30ish)!!  YUCK!!  It's a good thing he loves his job and his bosses, because that will burn you out real quick!  So, I took the boys to the pool in Fort Collins.  It was super hot outside and I knew it would wear them both out, and that's what I needed - a way to entertain them for as long as possible but also wear them out to sleep for as long as possible so they don't drive me insane come 8 at night!  It worked brilliantly!  The City Park Pool in Fort Collins has a wonderful play structure and water slide for Riley that he just LOVES!  And it's Zero Entry so I can just set Jayce in as shallow as I want and he can crawl around.  It's great!  It wore them both out, and me!  Being by myself I didn't get any pictures, but we are going again tomorrow with some friends so hopefully I can get some then. 

We also took a trip to RMNP for a hike and to see my "cousin" Justine.  She got an internship up there working at the visitor centers and hiking to talk with the visitors so she got to join us on our hike!  We hiked to Dream lake, about 2.2 miles round trip and Riley did great!  I was so proud of him!  He even completed the Junior Ranger Program (with a LOT of help from Justine) and got a Junior Ranger Badge. 

Saturday I had a VIP Pampering Party I got to go to.  It was wonderful!  They had it at a CupCakery so we got SPECIAL cupcakes (I had a Black Forest one - YUMMM), a $20 gift certificate, a free gift package, and pedicures!  Woo-Hoo!!  It was some much needed ME time!  If you are at all curious just check out www.pinkpapayaparties.com - I am quickly falling in love with their spa products! 

Sunday we had a fundraiser at MOPS in the form of a church picnic.  It was a lot of work, and we made some money, so that's a plus, but not as much as we had hoped.  I helped serve pulled pork, and filled 100 water balloons for the water balloon toss.  Cameron helped with the water balloons, and thank goodness he did!  I wish you could have seen us the night before standing outside at our faucet in the dark filling water balloons!  The neighbors probably thought we were nuts! 

This week has been pretty lazy too.  Just the usual grocery store trips, dishes, laundry, etc. . . The monotonous tasks of being a stay at home mom!  I did get to give my friend the things I crocheted for her new baby!!  They are so cute!  I made headbands, a hat and some booties.  I think they turned out really good! 

I'm still working on a blanket for Jayce, and then I have a whole list of items I want to make for other people.  So I'm going to be crocheting in my spare time for a while!!!  I may even crochet Jayce's Halloween Costume!  Well, at least part of it! 

That's about it for now.  There's a lot of fun things going on this weekend in Windsor, and I think we are still planning to go wheeling sometime soon, so look for more pics to come!  Have a great Labor Day Weekend everyone!

No comments: