Sunday, July 10, 2011

Happy Birthday Daddy

Happy Birthday to Cameron!  Yesterday was his 31st Birthday, and we had a full day of activities planned!  First, Laurel our wonderful babysitter came to play with the boys while Cam and I took a trip down to Denver.  He has been wanting to go skydiving for a while, and since I have no desire to do that, I thought taking him Indoor Skydiving would be a good compromise.  He gets the thrill, and I will do it too!  So here is a video of our Skydiving Experience.

Let me just say - Even I enjoyed it!  Cameron was beyond thrilled!! And I get to experience it, and say that I've done it.  I like the idea of a controlled environment.  Although I may have awakened a sleeping giant in Cameron . . . he's now itching for the real thing!  So much as to get recommendations from our instructor!  Oh, Boy!  I may be posting video and pictures of that soon! 

After Skydiving we stopped at Cheesecake Factory for lunch - can I say YUM!!  Food was Excellent, and cheesecake was even better!  Man, I wish there was one of those up in Fort Collins - but maybe with the prices it's better there isn't one!  lol

Afternoon was quite relaxing, and dinner was steak and chicken on the grill.  Cameron wanted steak for dinner . . . and since I don't eat it he made chicken for Riley and I.  I think it made his more special for him, since he's the only one who got one . . . at least I hope that's how he sees it!  Of course we were still pretty full from lunch, so lots of leftovers for today!

Cam's special request for "cake" was a lemon dessert from his mom's recipe.  I almost never make it because I'm horrible at separating egg whites and yolks and you have to do it 3 times in this recipe.  So another Special Treat!  That's where we stuck his candles and sang Happy Birthday! 

Then after dark - MORE FIREWORKS!!!  Riley thought this was great, and I like the tradition of saving some of the 4th Fireworks for Cameron's Birthday as well.  We did all the big fountains, and our neighbors joined in with some of theirs too.  But he saved the best for last.  A string of 5000 (yes THOUSAND) firecrackers!!  It reminded me of some that we did in China (on a MUCH smaller scale of course) and everyone enjoyed it, except maybe Jayce who was sleeping up until that point!!  Definitely have to find more of those for next year! 

No comments: