Saturday, May 21, 2011

A week without Daddy

Daddy is back home!  And boy are we happy to see him (maybe Mommy most of all!!!)  ;)  This time I will say we very nearly thrived, instead of just "surviving"!!  As rough as it was, the boys and I had a blast this week!  Monday and Tuesday were the only nice weather days, so we spent most of the time around the house hanging outside.  Monday Jayce took a long nap (about 3 hours - nearly unheard of for him!) so Riley and I got some flowers planted outside. 

And I got a nice sunburn to go with it!  I was wearing a tank top, and my last three years of working outside in t-shirts has me out of practice.  I had sunscreen on my arms and shoulders, but not my back.  I'll remember that next time!  Tuesday was another play outside day.  Riley spent hours on end riding his bike!  He's getting really good at it.  He's getting more confident, and also figured out how to brake and make "lines" on the sidewalk.  So most of the time is spent getting up to speed and braking fast to make black marks up and down in front of the house.  That's my little daredevil for ya! 

Wednesday was another Super Fun Day!!  We were planning a trip to the Denver Zoo with our wonderful friends the Felkers . . . But the weather had other plans in mind.  (it has been raining nearly nonstop here since Tuesday evening.)  So instead we took a trip to an Indoor Pool in Greeley.  It's called the Family Funplex.  And It Was Fun!!  Jayce had his first time 'swimming', and seemed to enjoy it!  They had a little play feature for toddlers with water spouts and sprays to play with.  And a perfectly sized Water Slide!!!  Greg and Riley spent at least 95% of their time on this water slide!  Everyone was exhausted at the end of the 3 hours, definitely money well spent! 



Thursday was another quiet day at home.  After a Skype date with Grandma Wilson I spent most of the day cleaning up (for the first time all week!) for the babysitter that came later.  Yes, I said babysitter!  I help plan a Girl's Night Out on the Third Thursday of every month, and this month it fell on the week Cam was gone.  I considered cancelling it, or at least not going . . . but then thought better to get a babysitter and take advantage!  We were planning a Hike to the waterfall at Horsetooth, but again the rain had other plans!  (in fact they ended up closing the trails that day because of the muddy conditions).  So we did the typical dinner and a movie.  It was well worth it!  I was ready for some time to myself, and really enjoyed the night out!  I'll have to remember that for the next time Cameron's gone! 

Yesterday was another day spent with the Felkers.  They can over for the usual Friday Playdate.  Again it was raining.  Gabe, one of Greg's friends, came over too, so we had 5 boys under the age of 5 in the house at once!  And surprisingly no major mishaps!!!  One incident involving Mack (the truck and trailer from Cars) and some stamp ink that ended up all over Riley and his bedroom walls, but it washed off easy enough. 

And then Daddy came home!!!  Boy were we all glad to see him!  I hope he was glad to see us.  At the very least he was happy to have a home cooked meal!  (sorry it's not Ruth's Chris!)  He said he had a good week and learned a lot, so that's good.  It was well worth it. 

 Jayce started eating bananas this week too!  He hasn't been eating the rice cereal very well, so the Dr. said he was old enough to start mixing in some fruits with it, and see if that helps.  Well, it does!!!  The first day was a total success, and by the second he had figured out that he liked eating 'dinner' and wanted more!  Boy, does he like those bananas!!  Guess it's time to get out the Ninja and make some babyfood!!  I've been looking forward to this for a while.

Coming up next: Trip to INDIANA, and the INDY 500!!!  Riley has been talking about going to see everyone for a while, he's so excited, and now he's starting to talk about going to see the racecars!  I can't wait to take him, this is going to be so much fun!!  We are also getting some family pictures taken while we're there.  One of my friends from highschool has started her own photography business.  So I can't wait to get some beautiful pictures of our family of four!  I just hope Riley's black eye is healed by then!  Yep, we went to get the mail this week and he tripped walking up our concrete steps out front.  Poor thing Cried horribly - I know it had to hurt.  Scraped up his left eye pretty bad, and there's a hint of blue black color to it too.  I'm just hoping it doesn't get any worse and that it starts to heal soon!  Can't wait to see all our Indiana Friends soon! 

No comments: