Friday, November 26, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving!!  I did!! It was so yummy - well, the turkey was!!  Mommy made a bunch of other food that I don't like, and she even made me eat some of it!  YUCK!!  But oh well, the turkey was yummy, and the rolls.  As usual, Daddy made the turkey and Mommy made everything else.  We tried a new recipe on the turkey, and I think we found a keeper!!  Daddy said it was easy, and it was definitely yummy!!  Here's our turkey all finished:

Mommy made everything else.  We had the usual green bean casserole (yuck) and a new dish with stuffing and sweet potatoes together (double yuck), good ol' cresent rolls, and apple and pumpkin pie.  Mommy always makes a pumpkin pie (cuz she says it's not Thanksgiving without it!) but Daddy's not a big fan and always wants apple.  So this year Mommy caved and made Daddy an apple pie.  But she just couldn't do without her pumpkin one though and bought one just for her!!

We ate our Turkey Dinner for a late lunch this year and had a big breakfast to hold us off til it was ready.  Mommy made breakfast casserole (usually reserved for Christmas Morning), and we watched the parade while everything cooked.  I liked the parade!!  The balloons were really cool!!  Then we watched the dog show, and were a little disappointed that we couldn't see the greyhound or the Irish wolfhound.  Then we ate, and then passed out!!  We were all exhausted (well, except me)!!  Daddy says I fell asleep on the couch before it was 8:00, but I'll believe it when I see it!!  Oh . . .

Anyways, It was a fun day spending it with Mommy and Daddy.  Poor Daddy had to get up and go into work this morning though.  Thankfully it was just a short trip.  They closed down the production lines yesterday so that everyone could have the day off, so he had to go in this morning for a few hours to get everything up and running again.  The good news: apparently he makes a LOT of money for the days he has to do that!!  And it looks like he'll be doing it again around Christmas because of some maintenance down time too.  But he's home already, so he was really only gone for breakfast - guess that's the up side of going to work at 5 am!!

Well, we aren't doing much this week.  Mommy's next Dr. appointment isn't until Thursday.  But I did hear a rumor that Mommy is thinking about taking me to the Bounce place in the next couple weeks!!!  I certainly hope so!!  I'm so bored now that it's too cold to play outside!!  I wonder if we can ask Greg to go too?!?!?  Talk to ya all later - have a good holiday weekend!!

No comments: