Monday, August 09, 2010

MOPS Convention

What a great weekend!!  I just got back from my FABULOUS trip to Orlando to hang out with about 4000 Christian Moms!!  I had a Blast!!  I went with 3 other moms from my MOPS group, and we met up with Gillian - one of the Coordinators for MOPS at First Baptist in Fort Collins. 

Who knew that going to Orlando without any kids could be so much fun!!  I got to hear from a lot of Great Christian authors and go to some very uplifting concerts including Mandisa (YAY!!!), Richie MacDonald, Christy Knockels, and The Katinas.  I even got to Meet Mandisa!!  It was such a blast.  They had workshops all day on Friday and Saturday, so I learned a lot about different strategies for raising kids in a Christian environment.  It was so wonderful - I came home with WAY too many books!! 

We also had a little bit of spare time to hang out at Downtown Disney and do some shopping, and hang out by the pool (very exciting sans kiddos)!!  I got Riley some Mickey Ears (which he found in my bag a total of 3 seconds after I walked in the door and screamed "MICKEY MOUSE HAT!!!")  and the new baby a little Eeyore (what a bummer we didn't find out the gender before this trip - I would have loved to get a little Blue Baby Mickey or Pink Baby Minnie instead!!)

Me and my Favorite Disney Princess!! 
Me, Julie, Emily, and Mollie
Me and Mandisa
At dinner in Downtown Disney (Gillian, Emily, Julie, Mollie and Me)
Riley in his Mickey Mouse Hat!
I am already looking forward to the next trip!  Although I think it is still a couple of years out.  As much as I liked going with only other Moms, I know that Riley and the next kiddo on the way would enjoy it a ton too, so I guess we should wait until they are at least old enough to remember the trip! 

Be sure to Check back in on Wednesday evening for an update on the ultrasound and if Riley gets a brother or sister!!  That is if the baby sits still long enough for us to find out!!  I thought Riley was an active baby, but this kid is making me a little nervous!!  ;)

No comments: