Saturday, July 17, 2010

All in the last week!

First I have to say Happy Birthday to my Daddy! Cuz Last Friday was his birthday. For Daddy's birthday we took a trip to Breckenridge, Colorado. It's a Ski town, so there wasn't a ton for us to do, but we still had fun! They have a restaurant called Bubba Gump Shrimp Co., and Mommy and Daddy thought that was so funny, but I can't figure out why! Anyways, Mommy really likes seafood, and doesn't get it that much, so we went there for dinner. My favorite part was playing with the signs - they have this sign at your table that says Stop Forrest Stop, when you want your waiter to come back!! That night we did some shopping too. I got a new winter hat (remember - it's a ski town!!) that looks really funny!! Mommy got a t-shirt and they got something for the new baby too. It's a bib with a cow on it. It says "udderly delicious". Mommy just had to get it, and I don't know why! Then on Saturday we were going to go on this hike, but that didn't last very long. I heard Mommy say that she read the hike was 2.8 miles (no problem for me cuz the Horsetooth Falls hike is 2.4), but then we got there and the sign said 3.4!! And then we looked at the map and found out that was just one way!!! So I decided I was not going on this trip - even though Mommy and Daddy said we weren't going all the way. So we went on a 4x4 trail instead. Daddy wanted to do this real easy trail (since we brought the X-terra instead of the Jeep) that used to be a old railroad line. They even had cars still up at the top!! It was really cool (and cold too). Then we could have taken the highway back to Breckenridge, or another 4x4 trail. The Trail was rated easy/moderate in the book Daddy had so we decided to take the trail. It forked about 3/4 of the way through and both forks were pretty much the same except one had a small section of "difficult" called #10 hill. Some other people called it S.O.B. hill, but I don't know what that stands for. Well, that section was no fun for me!! I had to stand outside in the mosquitoes while Mommy helped Daddy drive the X-terra down this very scary looking hill with BIG Rocks everywhere. (Note: this picture was taken in an easy section where Daddy felt comfortable stopping so Mommy could take it!) Then it got even scarier because it started raining and the car was sliding all over the place. But they got it down in one piece, with just a few scratches on the rockrails and a couple busted mudflaps - not bad for a stock vehicle!! Daddy said that the Jeep would have just crawled right down (or up) that hill with no problems!
Then on Sunday we did some more fun stuff!! We went to the Country Boy Mine. It's a gold mine, that still has gold in it! But no one can get to it anymore because it's too old and falling down that far back, and it would take more money than the gold is worth to get it out. So now they give tours of the mine, and let you pan for gold in the spring that comes out of it! It was cold and wet in there - I didn't like it too much. But then we got to pan for gold and that was fun. I also liked sitting in the carts that they used to use for hauling stuff. They also had this big hole they called the Ore Shoot, but it looked like a big slide to me! So Daddy took me down it, and then Mommy did, cuz I wanted to go again!! Then after the mine we took a Gondola ride (like in Telluride) up to the ski hills. Since you can't ski right now, they have some other stuff you can do up on the mountain. Some of it is like a mini-carnival, but you can also ride the chair lift up and either ride your bike down the ski hills, or take the alpine slide down. Daddy did it, and he wanted me to go too, but that slide looked really big and scary for me! But Mommy and I climbed the hill a little bit to where the ski jumps hadn't melted yet and played in the snow while we waited for Daddy to come flying by us on the slide!! It was a long day!! Mommy and Daddy said that it was good they got to go, but we probably won't be going back. Well, Maybe once to do that slide again when I'm bigger!!!

In other news! It's been SUPER HOT here!! We almost hit 100 a couple of times already. Daddy and I went to Spring Canyon park one day to play in the fountains. And today Mommy took me to City Park Pool. That was SO MUCH FUN!! She didn't want to get her camera wet though, so we don't have any pictures. They have a big kiddie area that's only 2 feet deep at most with fountains and slides everywhere!! Mommy laid in the zero entry part half in the water to keep cool while I ran all over playing with the water fountains. Then I got to jump off the side while she caught me (well, not really, cuz it was only 2 feet, so I didn't have to worry about going under. It was so much fun!! I can't wait to go back there!! Maybe we'll get to go next weekend too!! And maybe Daddy will come too!! Talk to ya later!!

No comments: