Thursday, May 06, 2010

May already!

Where has this year gone!  I sat down the other day and decided I had better start planning for Riley's Birthday . . . I can't believe he will be three years old in just a few short weeks!  Since his birthday falls on Memorial Day this year, and the child is OBSESSED with racecars (or any kind of cars for that matter!), we are going to hold his party on Race Day (for those of you Non-Hoosiers - that's the Indy 500 Race!!) and make it race car themed.  It should be fun - kids playing with cars in the backyard, adults eating good food and watching the race! 

I also wanted to share some funny sayings of Riley's at this age!  He's finally getting to say entire sentences, like I gotta go potty, instead of just whining "Potty!!!"  Some of the funny words are: cratch=couch, trucker=tiger, and poken= penguin.  Some funny things he's said recently includes "Uh-oh Mommy - Snowmans are coming!" when it started snowing, "oh shup-up" to the dogs when they are barking, and "Mark, Set, Go!!" over and over again until the red light we are sitting at turns green!!  We are working with him on a special Mother's Day Video, so hopefully it will all come together, - check back in on Sunday morning for that video!

In other news, I start my Boat Inspector Job on Friday, which means that Riley also starts at the babysitters again!  I'm kinda bummed to be working Monday-Friday (and terrified to be working a 6 am shift!!), but I guess I'll take it if it means I can get the weekends off.  I'm not sure if many of you understand exactly what I'm doing, or inspecting boats for, so here's a video put out by the Colorado Division of Wildlife that explains what exactly I'm looking for: Zebra Mussels Since all the water in Horsetooth Reservoir is piped in from the western slope (across the continental divide), these little buggers could competely clog our pipes and cut off the water supply to 3 cities and thousands of farmers - so we REALLY need to keep them out! 

We are still trying to get some pictures of Riley taken for his birthday, but the weather out here has been cold and crummy the past couple weeks.  So hopefully we'll get some sent out to everyone around the time of his birthday.  Also, in a couple weeks we will be taking another trip to Moab, UT!!  Cam's been working VERY hard to get the jeep ready for this trip, and it sounds like it's going to be a lot of Fun - with a lot of other Jeepers joining us.  Cam's got a whole list of trails he wants to do, so hopefully we won't break anything along the way and he can do everything he wants too!  I'm just happy that the highs are only supposed to be in the 80's this time of year - not in the triple digits like the first time we went!!  So lot's of pictures to come after that trip!

Well, that's about it for this time!  Hope everyone is enjoying spring time!  And Happy Mother's Day to all the other Mommies out there!!

No comments: