Friday, March 27, 2009

BLIZZARD!!!

Hey Everyone!!! I got to experience my First Blizzard yesterday!!! It wasn't as bad as the one over Christmas when I was in Mommy's tummy, but this one was still a lot of blowing snow!! It started early morning yesterday, there was already over an inch by the time we woke up!
Then by 10 o'clock we had nearly 5 inches!!
Mommy had planned a babysitter for me weeks ago so that she could get her hair cut and run other errands, so we had to go out and brave the storm!! (Mommy said she wasn't going to give up her "Me Time" just for some snow!!) So at 10:00 we left for the sitter, and it took Mommy over an hour to drop me off and drive to her appointment!! (needless to say she skipped the running errands part!!)
When we got home after 2:00, it didn't look like much more snow had fallen, even though it had, because it had all blown around!! We got up to 50 mph wind gusts, and the whiteout conditions mixed with the 2 in/hour snowfall is what made this a "Blizzard"!!! And the snow just kept on Falling!! Daddy got home early, at about 4:00, and it took him over an hour to shovel our driveway and side walks. By that time we had about 9 inches. When he was done he took me out to play in the snow - but I didn't like the wind too much!!


Then Mommy made Chili for dinner!! MMMMMMMM!!!! Even I ate every last bit of it!! It was good to warm up, but not enough for Daddy!! He wanted to go Snowshoeing!!! So he strapped on his snowshoes and went tromping around the nieghborhood playing in the snowdrifts!! Mommy and I stayed inside where it was warm, I think we'll go out today though since the wind has stopped!! It snowed all the way up until this morning!! I don't know what the total is, but it looks like we got another inch or so last night after Daddy shoveled. It was so much that Mommy got today off work!! Her boss said that most likely it won't be busy since the foothills got way more snow than we did!


Well, let's see, other stuff to tell you about! Mommy and Daddy have spent the last couple of weekends painting! They painted their bedroom and bathroom. Here are some pictures of the finished products!


They still have to hang some stuff up on the walls in their room, but overall they turned out really good. Mommy thinks that the bedroom is a little bit dark, but hopefully getting some other colors on the walls will help with that. And the bathroom was a pain to finish, mostly because they had to fix some texturing that the warranty guys didn't do right, and then paint ALL those corners!!
One more thing to tell you about!! Mommy's Friend from school Erin came over on Wednesday to get some Mary Kay make-up from Mommy. I liked watching them play with it all, so I took some brushes from Mommy and pretended I was like Erin putting on the make-up!!

Mommy said it was so cute that she gave me a Mirror too!! Daddy wasn't too happy about this, but I don't care, I had fun!! And all I can say it it take a real man to be this in touch with his feminine side!!

Have a good weekend everyone!! In 2 weeks, we will be in Indy for a VERY short visit before Mommy and Daddy go to China with Grandma & Grandpa Louie, Uncle Dale, Uncle Stan, and Aunt Tina. I get to stay with Aunt Janice and Caleb, Maddie, and Vanessa!!! I'm so excited!! I'm sure I'll miss Mommy and Daddy, but I'll get to play with my cousins ALL THE TIME!!! YAY!! Talk to ya all later!!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Wow! That's a lot of snow! Nathan says he would be mad too if I let a son put make up on. Have fun in China!! Can't wait to see the pictures!