Thursday, April 05, 2007

Downhill slope!

Almost 33 weeks now. And things have passed uncomfortable and ventured into miserable! Everything is harder to do now, especially things that require an arms length of space (washing your hands, doing dishes, reaching things across the table) because my "arms length" has been cut in half. Not to mention that the use of my ab muscles has all but disappeared. Simple things like rolling from my left side to my right in bed require enough space for a beached whale to roll over. Stairs are like climbing 14ers, and I have given up on tying my shoes. I think Riley hit a growth spurt this week, because he has become very heavy, and almost painful when he tries to stretch and move. Whenever he stuck a foot or knee out I could usually push on it and make him tuck it back in, now he just sticks it out somewhere else!! It has become a game for us - kinda like bopping the gophers! Even the nurse has a hard time with him wiggling. It took her almost 5 min. to get a reading on his heart beat because he kept moving away or kicking it! But I guess active is good!!
We've started packing things up, and will probably start moving things over to the new house this weekend. Our goal is to have Riley's room ready by next weekend, just in case!! We also have pediatricians appointments lined up, so the next few weeks will be exciting!

Have a Happy Easter Everyone!!

2 comments:

Adrianne said...

I laughed when I read this. It brings back a lot of memories. Unfortunately things get a little more uncomfortable before they get better (after delivery) I love your new picture. Be sure you post one at the end too! Don't lift too much or work too hard moving it might start labor. We want him to stay in there at least a few more weeks! You guys are in for such an amazing expeience! It is AWESOME being a Mommy! Can you believe we're Mommies? Love ya, Adrianne

Cam and Aliy said...

Thanks Adrianne!! And don't worry, Cam's doing most of the moving for us. My job is to put it in the box, and he takes it from there!! He has quite a few guys from his church coming to help us on the big move day, too. So I get to play supervisor! And no, I don't think the whole "Mommy" thing has sunk in yet! But keep sending me pictures of Sophia - They are wonderful!!